Obama EO on Gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read the article. What they want to do is require hobbyist gun sellers into the folds of the FFL. If you are buying and selling more then 12 firearms a year they'll probably classify you as a dealer. ATF already watches and monitors sites like OSA.

This is what I've been reading too. They seem to be ignoring the definition of dealer which is codified, I believe, and are deciding on their own who is a dealer. I've seen no criteria or how they are proposing to determine that status, so I guess they'll just decide it however it takes to fall in their favor. I also don't see this lasting 5 minutes in a courtroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought their definition was doing it for profit? How did they come up with 12? Is it buy and sell the same 12, or different guns? Hell, there are people on here that buy and sell 12 a month.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that is exactly the point. They get to choose. This one is less obtrusive than true universal BGCs. Oklahoma has a car dealer license law that can get you a big fine. People get around it by not titling cars as soon as they buy them so they never technically owned it as far as the state knows.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that is exactly the point. They get to choose. This one is less obtrusive than true universal BGCs. Oklahoma has a car dealer license law that can get you a big fine. People get around it by not titling cars as soon as they buy them so they never technically owned it as far as the state knows.

We have a winner. Administrative agencies get to define their own meanings so long as they're not totally inconsistent with the text of the statute; as a result, they love ambiguous terms.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THEY continue chipping away and we'll see it as normal and not create a big fuss....then one day...................................

Latest posts

Top Bottom