Obama flubs it again, think he is spending to much time with Bite Me Biden....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even in the Op the White House acknowledges that this guy wasn't the first " living recipient" to be awarded the metal by Obama. He was the first posthumous recipient. Lord God Almighty

Ignert, I think you missed the gaffe. Obama's text contained the line

, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously

Except, that Monti was a posthumous recipient. So he did in fact misspeak. It wasn't about that he did or did not give the award, but he stated that the decedent was alive in 2009, which was false.

Though this really has nothing to due with Obama's competency and everything to do with how his speech writers failed.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ignert, I think you missed the gaffe. Obama's text contained the line

Except, that Monti was a posthumous recipient. So he did in fact misspeak. It wasn't about that he did or did not give the award, but he stated that the decedent was alive in 2009, which was false.

Though this really has nothing to due with Obama's competency and everything to do with how his speech writers failed.

Yes, it does have everything to do with Obama's competency IMO. He gave the award himself correct? He's the CIC. He gave the Nation's highest honor and didn't remember the details? He failed miserably with his due diligence. Had he done any at all, he could have done an ad lib through that part of the teleprompter. So yes he failed, which surprises me not in the least...

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He says, "Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously."

Wait a minute, I might be wrong here but isn't it Congress that awards the Medal of Honor? a.k.a. "Congressional" Medal of Honor"

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michele Bachman "flubbed" up again today.
Got John Wayne mixed up with John Wayne Gacey(serial killer) haha

No one started a thread about it though.

Excuses go here:

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom