Objectivity needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s not quite the argument I was making. Yes, how hard the knocking was is extremely important in this case, but the issue shouldn’t be who makes the better argument. The bar is set much higher than that. The state must be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Doe didn’t believe someone was trying to break into his dwelling.

I absolutely agree in principle. But it will come down to swaying a jury by who makes the most convincing case in court.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely agree in principle. But it will come down to swaying a jury by who makes the most convincing case in court.
Basically, the jury system is unreliable these days because too many jurors are incapable or unwilling to restrain their personal judgement of a defendant, understand “proof beyond reasonable doubt,” and apply it carefully.

Maybe if we start teaching kids civics again we’ll have a chance at fixing this in the future…

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate all the insights and thoughts guys and gals. I really do. I filed a motion to dismiss today that will be heard here in a month or so.

It’s been a heck of a week, but it’s Friday. On a side note, I can’t help but miss Dave. I never met the guy in person, but it’s been hard for me to post on OSA lately. I’ll miss his insights and passion for flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate all the insights and thoughts guys and gals. I really do. I filed a motion to dismiss today that will be heard here in a month or so.

It’s been a heck of a week, but it’s Friday. On a side note, I can’t help but miss Dave. I never met the guy in person, but it’s been hard for me to post on OSA lately. I’ll miss his insights and passion for flying.

Yeah, we miss Dave as well. Now, some of us are hoping another OSA lawyer-member will step up and fill his shoes.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s no filling that guy’s shoes. He truly had a passion for all of the law, and not just one small area. He was a true student of all things procedure related and loved all the little intricacies that most would label minutia.

I know that I am personally a decade behind him in legal experience, at the very least. My full time military job limits me to a case here and there so I can stay current, and that’s about it. It’ll be a long, long time before I accumulate the level of knowledge that he had.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There’s no filling that guy’s shoes. He truly had a passion for all of the law, and not just one small area. He was a true student of all things procedure related and loved all the little intricacies that most would label minutia.

I know that I am personally a decade behind him in legal experience, at the very least. My full time military job limits me to a case here and there so I can stay current, and that’s about it. It’ll be a long, long time before I accumulate the level of knowledge that he had.

Well, hang in there. You will still be of value here, even if not in a professional legal sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom