• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Obscure obsolete drop-in handguard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I want to run a picatinny rail on an A2 front sight SBR. But a couple companies make one that wraps around the sight and extends forward a bit. I want one that'll cover a chunk of my Flaming Pig.
Monstrum used to have one but it has a fugly slot for the sling mount.
https://monstrumtactical.com/ar-15-quad-rail-extended-drop-in-fsp-cutout/
Screenshot_20211215-010754.png

I've attached pics yanked from GB for one that would work. But I don't believe it mounts to the Delta ring stuff. My upper is stock now, and I wanna keep it that way.
Free float won't work cus I want to go back to the Magpul drop in if desired.
Any leads on companies that make them works too, but I'm mainly looking for parts bin leftovers at the moment.
Screenshot_20211215-004646.png
Screenshot_20211215-004703.png
Screenshot_20211215-004717.png

I have one of these cheap drop ins, so I'm not looking for another, but I just wanted to show what I'm not in the market for.
10.5_inch_5.56_upper_with_A2_sight_Tower-600x225.jpg

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Not sure on your question, but that Daniel Defense quad rail with the FSP cutout in their brown/mil-spec+ color you posted is 100% my favorite rail of all time, I have it on a couple rifles, if you do decide to switch from Delta ring ever you won't be disappointed.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Damn I had one of these, but made by Midwest industries. Think I threw it away, hadn’t used it in 8 years, was moving. I’ll check to see if I did though. Used it on my M&P 15 a while back. Took it off because it was so dang heavy.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
137   0   0

The thumbnail for this video has what I think your looking for. I didn't watch the video, because ain't nobody got time for that, but the info could be here.

Yeah it's close but that mounting system deletes the delta rings and I want to keep those

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Damn I had one of these, but made by Midwest industries. Think I threw it away, hadn’t used it in 8 years, was moving. I’ll check to see if I did though. Used it on my M&P 15 a while back. Took it off because it was so dang heavy.
Yes those Quad rails are heavy and very bulky. I have large hands and long fingers and the one I had on an AR I purchased slightly used, was just too darn fat to grip with your off hand and I'm no fan of those hangy down handle things for a front grip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom