Occupy Hollywood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why would DW care? Isn't he canadian... he believes in socialized healthcare... besides.. you can be too upset at a guy whose ancestory made a living out of making wood shoes, just sayin.

I was born in Canada. I'm a citizen of the US and Canada. Means nothing to me in all honesty. As for what I believe, making the assumption that I hold a particular belief based on where I was born is illogical. The desire to be free isn't an exclusive idea within the US. As for the wooden shoes, they were a practical invention to deal with the boggy conditions that farmers had to deal with on land claimed from the sea. Perhaps the US could learn a thing in that regard in maybe protecting New Orleans. Wooden shoes were also protective much as a steal toed boot. :)

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was born in Canada. I'm a citizen of the US and Canada. Means nothing to me in all honesty. As for what I believe, making the assumption that I hold a particular belief based on where I was born is illogical. The desire to be free isn't an exclusive idea within the US. As for the wooden shoes, they were a practical invention to deal with the boggy conditions that farmers had to deal with on land claimed from the sea. Perhaps the US could learn a thing in that regard in maybe protecting New Orleans. Wooden shoes were also protective much as a steal toed boot. :)

Sweet... I was hoping I would get in on this action... For what it's worth, I'm dutch too, so I'm allowed to say the wooden shoe stuff.

As far as my illogical assumptions go, you're right they were illogical, see any parallels between our conversations? :)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Acknowledging that God exist is wrong? Or dismissing man made religion? George was cool. :)

Neither is wrong nor right.

Not to get all theological here, but you could tell some folk their religion is man made, and the guy in the corner of the room might agree with you and then propose your God is as well.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Welcome back... Rhino asked you something, and he is apparently dying for a response.

TY... had to run an errand. I believe I answered Rhino's question. As for trolling... with as many posts as I've got I don't think so.

One thing most of you are quick to overlook as you attempt to take me down. The entire time (until recently that is) that I've been here I've always defended the Constitution and the priniciples that it was based on. The principles of Life, Liberty and Property. Never once have I attempted to argue for ways of circumventing the Constitution. I've always argued that it is better to err on the side of limiting the power of the central government than to err in favor of the central government. To err on the side of Freedom than potential tyranny.

Within the past few weeks I've opted simply to not defend the Constitution. This is the not the same as attacking it. If the principles that are behind it were still adhered to by those in elected office then perhaps I'd still be defending it. But when those in power decide that they are above the law and deny a US citizen the right to due process then that is the end of the Constitution. No man is above the Law. Yet many supported the decision of a Marxist in the killing of an American without due process. That citizen may or may not have been deserving of death. However. to deny him due process is a first step towards tyranny. Anyone willing to deny a man due process is in my opinion no defender of the Constitution but a hypocrit. You say one thing, but support another. So who is the threat to the Constitution? Me, who says it's worthless now as a result of that incident... or you who defend the death of a man without due process on the decision of a Marxist? Are you overlooking that the Marxist Obama is likely connected with firearms being walked across the border in violation of his oath to the Constitution that results in the death of Border Agents? That Eric Holder might have lied to Congress about Fast & Furious?

I may not be the brightest person on this forum but I've always strived to back up what I say with facts, reason and logic. If my thoughts are wrong, then simply prove them wrong instead of resorting to name calling, denigration of heritage, national origin or ethnicity. I've never done that to any member on this forum. That many of you find it necessary to band together against what I say using the above tactics says a lot. Take the flag off of your eyes, view the world as a sovereign man or woman instead of as an American and look at the world as the Creator would view it. Who can honestly say that God favors one group of his creation over another? That we should disregard the Golden Rule in favor of the opposite? Who here on this forum with unbiased thought say God doesn't want any of his children to be free?

I'm not perfect. My parents raised me not to be a hypocrit. But to weigh issues based on known facts then make a final judgement. To always give people the benefit of the doubt until people decide to harm me. That is the Golden Rule. It comes from the Creator. It's not necessary to be religious to understand it's simplicity and value.

And with this, I must call it a night as I have an early day ahead of me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom