Odocoileus virginianus pic thread 2020/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have a story to go along with the deer. My first shot just went click. I kinda panic and think I didn’t put a primer in. The Winchester primers have a black center so when I looked at in low light, it looks like an empty hole. I’m fumbling around in my pocket to find one and then I can’t get it in, there’s already one in it! So, I decided to try it again. It hangfires butgoes off. The hit is a little far back and the deer runs toward my son. It stops about 80 yards from him and just stands there. After about 3 minutes he texts me and asked if I want him to finish him off. Of course I said yes and his shot is a perfect shoulder shot. We wait a few minutes and go look for the deer. We walk up on him and he has his head up. Then he gets up and runs off! Luckily, I had reloaded my gun and got a neck shot off on the run. We walk up to him again and he’s still breathing! He was one tough SOB.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a story to go along with the deer. My first shot just went click. I kinda panic and think I didn’t put a primer in. The Winchester primers have a black center so when I looked at in low light, it looks like an empty hole. I’m fumbling around in my pocket to find one and then I can’t get it in, there’s already one in it! So, I decided to try it again. It hangfires butgoes off. The hit is a little far back and the deer runs toward my son. It stops about 80 yards from him and just stands there. After about 3 minutes he texts me and asked if I want him to finish him off. Of course I said yes and his shot is a perfect shoulder shot. We wait a few minutes and go look for the deer. We walk up on him and he has his head up. Then he gets up and runs off! Luckily, I had reloaded my gun and got a neck shot off on the run. We walk up to him again and he’s still breathing! He was one tough SOB.

Wow. What a morning! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great story!

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the hole in his neck and just assumed you didn’t want to have to track him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom