ODWC proposed changes....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a link to the changes and public hearings for these proposed rules changes. There also an internet submission section you can submit your comments.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/publichearing.htm

Take a few minutes and read the rules changes and comment to the ODWC.

Like this....

800:25-7-3. General provisions
(a) Any person hunting any wildlife in open areas during the deer gun, deer primitive, elk, bear or antelope season with a shotgun and rifled slug, or any rifle or handgun larger than a .22 caliber long rifle, must possess a valid deer, elk, bear or antelope license appropriate for that season unless otherwise exempt. Any person hunting feral hogs in open areas during the deer gun, deer primitive, elk, bear or antelope season with a shotgun and rifled slug, or any rifle or handgun larger than a .22 caliber rimfire, must possess a filled or unfilled deer, elk, bear or antelope license appropriate for that season unless otherwise exempt

Hub

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
800:25-7-3. General provisions
(a) Any person hunting any wildlife in open areas during the deer gun, deer primitive, elk, bear or antelope season with a shotgun and rifled slug, or any rifle or handgun larger than a .22 caliber long rifle, must possess a valid deer, elk, bear or antelope license appropriate for that season unless otherwise exempt.

Well now, that officially stinks on ice. Wonder what subsection will cover CCW's.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, the page exists, and yet is plain white space.

It looks to me like the only change is to add bear, and possibly elk and antelope to the language.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
worked for me. I scanned it, and had a question or two, but I will study it, and then send a reply to the ODW. Most of the recomendations are a slam dunk.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like a big improvement to me. It has always been the law that if you are out with anything bigger than .22 lr you have to have a valid deer tag, which meant that if I had already shot my deer and did not have a tag left, I could not hunt predators till the deer season was over. Now it says with a filled or unfilled tag, you can still hunt. Seems much better to me. I can switch to hogs or predators after I fill my deer tags.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah my concerns are that I do not deer hunt and I do not buy deer tags. Now they would force me to pay more money to hunt.

Hub
I'm really not sure as I don't predator hunt, but weren't all other seasons closed during deer ML and gun season? If so it sounds like there is an option to hunt now. IIRC

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah my concerns are that I do not deer hunt and I do not buy deer tags. Now they would force me to pay more money to hunt.

Hub

They have always forced you to buy a deer tag if you were out during deer season with a rifle. That has been the law for as long as I can remember. This change will let you hunt with a rifle with a filled tag. It is an improvement but I can see where it still is not helping you any.

Latest posts

Top Bottom