1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

OEA declares that teaching is a political act.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RETOKSQUID, Aug 11, 2019.

1. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You have to admit the fact that more new teachers are left then right...would you agree to this statement

2. John6185

John6185 Sharpshooter

Politics and personal opinions have no place in a classroom unless this is China or Russia and they are being indoctrinated by and for the state.
    When I was in high school my teacher told the class that in college if you dropped your pencil they would dismiss you from the college. I believed this lie and it took me 15 years to begin college. That was a bad personal opinion relayed to a naive class and me.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    RETOKSQUID likes this.
  3. ignerntbend

ignerntbend Sharpshooter

Wow. I hope you're kidding.

4. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    B3E8B7D2-098B-4263-A923-D5999F14FCE2.png Jmike, I hope I haven’t offended you or anyone else. I’m just telling my personal experiences.
    Two years ago, I was going to an organizing conference in Kansas City. They sent us all a book to read. There were groups attending from 5 or 6 states. The book was ‘going public’ by Michael Gecan. Gecan was Alinsky’s right hand man and the leader of the IAF, industrial areas foundation. The book did nothing but praise aulinsky from cover to cover. I called the person at OEA that I would not be attending because of the book. I told him I knew what was wrong with the education system. I told him the system was eating itself from the inside out. He acted like he had no idea who Saul Alinsky was.

5. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    From my wife ......who is.....yep you guessed it a teacher ....and from a neighbor who is an award winning coach and teacher. And from other coaches in the district who say the same thing. Oh yeah there was that incident where I demanded my son be taken out of far wing psycho teachers class. Yep wore black for a week after Trump was elected and had 17 Obama pictures in her class room (want the evidence for this one?). The left dominates higher education and its trickling down. Now we are in one of the last red states so it’s a little slower here but it’s happening just the same.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    chuter and RETOKSQUID like this.
  6. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Tim Hawkins is ridiculously funny...

chuter and RETOKSQUID like this.
  7. Okie4570

Okie4570 Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    I think it's regional and depends on how they were raised. Hopefully not every student that enters a university loses the direction their parents sent them in. I believe there more conservatives than people think, they become quieter and quieter as the libs become louder and louder. If parents equipped them properly, no professor can change them. In general I dont think most parents take the time or interest to do that anymore.

8. Snattlerake

Snattlerake Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I coulda swore that #REDFORD said STEPFORD.

Seadog likes this.
  9. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I am not condemning the teaching profession, 100% of teachers don’t lean left. But more new teachers lean left (fresh out of our liberal indoctrination system AKA ...college) and I see no signs of reversing it. We like Wyoming are in a bubble...but you can’t deny it’s coming our way.

10. jmike314

jmike314 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    @dlbleak
    No offense taken. I fully understand opinions & personal experiences. I just want people to know that there are more teachers in the middle or leaning towards conservative than you’d think.

I’m currently a member of POE. They’re a non-union, non-partisan association for all public school personnel...not just teachers. They do not donate to political parties but do come off as more conservative.

I finally got fed up with the OEA during the teacher pay/educational funding walkouts a couple of years ago. In my perception, the heads of the OEA moved into position to take credit for work that was started by and actualized teachers. Then once on the national stage, they started to push political agenda. I don’t care for people telling me how to think - I don’t feel it’s the job of the OEA to dictate partisan policy while claiming to represent all teachers.

I work with plenty of liberal teachers - and more than a few are fed up with the OEA as well...to the point of putting their membership money elsewhere.

I’ve never indoctrinated anyone...unless you want to count the discipline I try to instill when I’m coaching. I think for myself and try to get others to do the same. I work with plenty of like-minded and otherwise professionals who have never indoctrinated anyone either.

Are there bad teachers? You bet your sweet aunt sally there are......
    But there are also bad:
    Cops
    Doctors
    Salesmen
    Politicians
    Bankers
    Drivers
    Christians
    Muslims
    Whites
    Blacks
    Mexicans
    Asians
    Etc.

Believe me - what/who the OEA is is not surprising nor a secret and plenty of teachers a becoming wise to the situation.

“Crying is for babies, little girls, and men who just had their ears ripped off.”
    - Oobedoob Benubi