Officer Betty Shelby trial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
100% true. All he had to do was stop, and this whole mess would not have happened, and he would have been home with his kids and grand kids.
That being said, it disgusts me when a person does follow a lawful order and the Leo rush the person from behind and slam him into the ground. I don't care if he just committed a mass murder, the person has followed the lawfull order and deserves the respect for doing so.
I disagree, don't commit crimes and your interaction with the police will be pleasant.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today's developments: Betty Shelby is reinstated to TPD with back pay & benefits, will be assigned to a role other than patrol. The video of her post-incident interview is available multiple places after release by the judge. Finally, the jury filed a letter with the District Court that stated:

"Many on the Jury could never get comfortable with the concept of Betty Shelby being blameless for Mr. Crutcher's death, but due to the lack of direct or even circumstantial evidence that she was acting outside of her training in the 30 feet prior to Mr. Crutcher reaching the window of that SUV, the Jury was forced by the rule of law to render a not guilty verdict," the letter filed in Tulsa County District Court states.

IMO, this can be read multiple ways but the way I'm taking from this is it is a slap to the DA for even filing a charge with such a thin case and wasting the time of the jury members.

vitamink12

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering the circumstances, I think the DA was between a rock & hard spot. If there was a lengthy delay in filing charges (or no charges at all) it's reasonable to assume there would have been a lot more unrest surrounding the whole situation. I suspect there was some pressure from the mayor's office and plenty of others to crucify someone...anyone largely due to one guy driving & walking around while high on PCP.

I've met Steve Kunzweiler on a couple of occasions and my impression is he's a genuinely good guy with a really crappy job to do. The mess for Officer Shelby is just getting started.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Considering the circumstances, I think the DA was between a rock & hard spot. If there was a lengthy delay in filing charges (or no charges at all) it's reasonable to assume there would have been a lot more unrest surrounding the whole situation. I suspect there was some pressure from the mayor's office and plenty of others to crucify someone...anyone largely due to one guy driving & walking around while high on PCP.

I've met Steve Kunzweiler on a couple of occasions and my impression is he's a genuinely good guy with a really crappy job to do. The mess for Officer Shelby is just getting started.
Nope! His ONLY job is to apply the facts and law to ensure justice is served. Any pressure outside of that should be ignored. You don't put someone on trial and in jeopardy of their freedom to serve any other purpose. That type of activity is what erodes faith in the justice system.

As we can plainly see, the Crutcher family and the people siding with them are not accepting the verdict, so all he did was kick the can down the road. The answer in this case was always and remains in civil court. The criminal justice system was misused for civil purposes, and that is a travesty. :(

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope! His ONLY job is to apply the facts and law to ensure justice is served. Any pressure outside of that should be ignored. You don't put someone on trial and in jeopardy of their freedom to serve any other purpose. That type of activity is what erodes faith in the justice system.

As we can plainly see, the Crutcher family and the people siding with them are not accepting the verdict, so all he did was kick the can down the road. The answer in this case was always and remains in civil court. The criminal justice system was misused for civil purposes, and that is a travesty. :(

I'd like to put ten more likes on this.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom