Official Gold Bond Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The green bottle used to only be reserved for south TX trips and Florida, now it's a toss up................I'm surprised that the word "galded" hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, this thread is much like the one a while back about shaving in that it makes me wonder if there are a bunch of pansies on here. Some of the shavers kept writing about "sensitivity," so I wonder if the same condition is here as well.

Then again, dirt calls me "Sir," so it might just be a generational thing. What say you older guys?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've been using good old fashioned corn starch daily for over 30 years. It works wonderfully, and costs much less than GB.

I should have bought stock in Argo when I was a young man.

You wouldn't believe how many times a guest has used my restroom and then asked me why I keep my corn starch in there.:D

daniel1daniel2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you work outside all day and the day starts off with a rain, you usually end up with rash before 10 in the morning. The only thing that will keep you from going home early is GB powder. On our crew it is better known as "ocean breeze"

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using good old fashioned corn starch daily for over 30 years. It works wonderfully, and costs much less than GB.

I should have bought stock in Argo when I was a young man.

You wouldn't believe how many times a guest has used my restroom and then asked me why I keep my corn starch in there.:D

hmmmmmmmmmmm, sure that 'starch' isn't for something else? :hey3:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you work outside all day and the day starts off with a rain, you usually end up with rash before 10 in the morning. The only thing that will keep you from going home early is GB powder. On our crew it is better known as "ocean breeze"

OK. This does make some sense to me. You'll have to keep in mind that my many years of working outside so much was up in the Panhandle. Anyone that has ever lived there knows that the humidity is almost always low and rains are few are far between. Since I moved to the "center of the state," I'm primarily worked indoors.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
OK. This does make some sense to me. You'll have to keep in mind that my many years of working outside so much was up in the Panhandle. Anyone that has ever lived there knows that the humidity is almost always low and rains are few are far between. Since I moved to the "center of the state," I'm primarily worked indoors.

The difference in felt humidy across OK is definately unique. Grew up in Bartlesville, didn't realize how miserable(humid and almost zero wind) it was until we moved to the Enid area. The difference between Enid area and Guymon is just as noticable to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom