Offroad areas around Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know about the Disney Offroad Park but I'm looking stuff similar to Forest Service roads if you know what I mean. Not necessarily technically difficult(my 4runner has a little done to it but not too much) but just some rough/unimproved roads or trails that I can go exploring on. I know a lot of the big national parks have areas like this but I haven't heard of much around the Tulsa area.

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could go down to the Cherokee PHA. It's just dirt roads, but after a good rain some of them can be fairly rough. There's even a few places where you after cross some creeks.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could go down to the Cherokee PHA. It's just dirt roads, but after a good rain some of them can be fairly rough. There's even a few places where you after cross some creeks.

Any access issues if I don't have a OK hunting license? Is carrying a gun in the car not allowed because its a hunting area?

larkinmusic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you have to have a hunting license if you have a firearm with you. I would call the game warden for that area to be sure. You can also read over the rules and regs. here http://wildlifedepartment.com/

After reading some, it looks like you don't have to have a hunting license to access (unless you are armed) but you do need a "Wildlife Conservation Passport". If you have a hunting license the Conservation Passport isn't necessary.

agb104983

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you have to have a hunting license if you have a firearm with you. I would call the game warden for that area to be sure. You can also read over the rules and regs. here http://wildlifedepartment.com/

After reading some, it looks like you don't have to have a hunting license to access (unless you are armed) but you do need a "Wildlife Conservation Passport". If you have a hunting license the Conservation Passport isn't necessary.

Thanks I'll take a look into that area. Anyone else have any other locations?

Latest posts

Top Bottom