OHP Radar Band

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can confirm. Speed limit should be raised to 75 up here. The drive between Boise City and Guymon is even more boring.

It is amazing at how much elevation you gain in that drive though. I never realized exactly how much you gained until I brought a gps with me. I knew you gained, but it isn't nearly as flat as you think.... Boring as I'll get out... but not flat.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just get a jammer. They're illegal but just have it shipped to someone outside the state and then have them mail it to you. Since we're already talking about unlawful (generally victimless, but still) behavior, its now just a matter of degree.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to donate to Tx county two years ago. I was gawking at some antelope instead of watching 2 miles in front of me. OHP got me with instant on. He saw my USPSA card when digging through the wallet for a license. We visited about competition shooting, and he cut me a little slack. His back seat printer went stupid, and ran all of the paper out on the floor. Unfortunately for me, my ticket did print. Governor gotta make a dime.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Radar detectors make for a good warning that the traffic up ahead is likely to be slowing down or as previously mentioned in the case of LIDAR, make a good alert that one should pull on over.

That is what happened to me recently on the new 10 lane section of the OKC crosstown where the speed limit is still 60. I have dash cam video of my butthurt alarm going off, the officers lights turning on long before I even pass him, me pulling over quickly, ticket, and back to a slower 70mph. Right about 5 minutes between the alert and back to speed, at least it was efficient. Though, my carry permit didn't help at all. I thought it was just as good as those FOP badges on your tag :blush: I didn't really mind as I consider it the cost of doing business, though I wish I could just pre-pay and be allowed 10-20 over all the time.

On that section of highway, I often can have the fast lane to myself for a half mile ahead and behind. Now, since I am now on high alert, I work in and out of traffic, which is definitely less safe. I drive for the conditions, typically the traffic is averaging 70mph through this section of the highway. Which means means faster traffic is doing 75-80. Someone needs to do some speed limit assessments on this 10 lane divided highway. Heck, later that night I was driving home in the dark on 66 which is 2 lane, undivided, dark as hell, with a speed limit of 65 where I usually drive 65.

What did annoy me is when I realized later it was the OKC police doing revenue generation, instead of the OHP keeping traffic in check. I guess it shouldn't, but it did.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the multi filament bulbs?

It seems the filaments vibrate at different lengths, seems to make the radar hard to lock in.....I dont know , I just never got ticketed when I had one on my dash, for years.

and I Used to drive to get somewhere[/QUOTE

Isn't that what they used to say about foil in the hubcaps?

Never speed in the left lane.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just get a jammer. They're illegal but just have it shipped to someone outside the state and then have them mail it to you. Since we're already talking about unlawful (generally victimless, but still) behavior, its now just a matter of degree.

Radar jammers are illegal by the FCC
But iirc laser jammers (which is what you need for LiDAR) are not illegal here in oklahoma.
I think Virginia is the only state that has a law against them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom