OK pharmacist convicted of murder plans appeal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.1170kfaq.com/news/local/172063871.html

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) An Oklahoma pharmacist convicted of murder for shooting a teenager to death during an attempted robbery plans to appeal.

Supporters of Jerome Ersland plan to file an appeal on his behalf on Monday with the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals. The group will also deliver another collection of signatures from their petition drive to free Ersland from prison to Gov. Mary Fallin's office.

Ersland was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole for the 2009 shooting death of a 16-year-old boy during an attempted robbery.

Prosecutors say Ersland was justified in firing an initial shot, but that he went too far when he grabbed a second gun and fired five more bullets into the teen while he lay unconscious on the floor.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The shooting I saw in the video was a 'execution'... so Ersland's best defense would probably be to allege that the first shot killed the kid and his last 5 were simply desecration or abuse of a dead body... which is a misdemeanor. He would get out on time served that way.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The appeal was perfected some time ago. His attorney's filed a supplemental brief today and are asking to supplement the record or have an evidentiary hearing regarding ineffective assistance of counsel. This might get interesting!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To heck with Ersland and all his flunkies...I'm tired of hearing the whining about all the "injustice" he has faced. Please.

His phony back injury, lying about wartime service, PTSD not having, dumb ass can rot in jail.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To heck with Ersland and all his flunkies...I'm tired of hearing the whining about all the "injustice" he has faced. Please.

His phony back injury, lying about wartime service, PTSD not having, dumb ass can rot in jail.

Now, now.....don't hold back, tell us whats on your mind. Get it all out.

:Heya: Just kidding, stirring the pot a little, couldn't resist.

bluedog46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like he went a bit too far....

In a way i agree, but in reality i think we know that "kid" probably would have harmed many m ore people and probably made a bunch of illegitmate children that continue the criminal legacy. Did the guy go far? Probably, but first degree murder? Hell no. Can't believe the jury did not nulify this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom