OK Tag Agencies are Changing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of weird, but didnt bother me that much. I'm betting the dont want multiple DL manufacturers.

I liked getting it the same day not having to wait for anywhere from a week to 30 days. When you go from a 20 minute to one hour wait to it's in the mail, I can't say that's a process improvement.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like another jacked up state take over plan. The state recently went to a new HR system called Work Day. It took over a year to go live and we had training on how to in put leave and whatnot before it was implemented. Once it went live, the way information was imputed changed completely. The system automatically lists your work hours and you can’t change them until after you take your leave. Changing them can crash the system and hold up the 82 steps it takes to process payroll. We can only log into the system about only one week a month only after payroll has been processed otherwise it crashes the system.
Yeah I know about that too...apparently a lot of people at DOC didn't get paid one month because of that mess. Stitt has no idea and they are blowing rainbows and unicorns up his you know what...If this stuff was going on at Gateway Mortgage, he'd be firing people. He doesn't know and he isn't going to know and I suspect he may not listen even if someone told him. This has been going on for years under the radar and the media hasn't figured it out. Maybe someone will start complaining about them on the lost ogle. I'd be willing to bet if you could "really" calculate state dollars spent in the same period of OMES vs non-OMES much more has been wasted. Apparently they implement or fail to implement large expensive projects and then abandon them with no regard to the cost and losses from the individual agencies having to retrain, etc. Imagine how less efficient the gov't must be if any of this is true. This always happens when you give people power that know nothing about IT. Except in the private sector, that gets corrected fast when it clearly affects the bottom line. Our law makers will just keep raising taxes to offset it.
OMES created under Mary Fallin is one of the biggest clusters in state government
Yep, and nobody knows it but they circle the wagons and protect themselves. All they seem to care about is CYA from what I've been told; they are the OK version of the deepstate.
One of many reasons I retire from the State this month
Another negative effect...the loss of good people and a bunch of contractors brought in to replace them. I've also heard that that is the trick they use to lie about the size of state gov't. They don't count contractors so they can maintain or even increase the size of "state workers" using contractors and for-profit companies and then only report to the media & voters that they are shrinking gov't because so mnay people have left or retire..sneaky.

They were also previously using the Russian antivirus system for the state gov't and then they switched to Crowdstrike which is the company that was working for the DNC and denied the feds the ability to investigate where the 2016 DNC hacks came from regarding Seth Rich. Imagine if the governor knew that his deputies were hiring Hilary Clinton operatives to run the state security systems. But he's not going to know if he doesn't by now...I also learned that he or someone in his office was actually recently braggin' about the Workday thing thinking it improved efficiency. They do him like Trump and feed him bogus info. If tax payers know some of the stuff I've heard, there would be mass protesting LOL.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can thank Brad Henry for OMES ... Mary Fallin just did what all successors do and continue the program .
It was two establishment republicans that created the bill. Then they paid a bunch of money to some firm they probably were connected to to do a study to show the rationale and projected cost savings.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old job will not be contracted out. I know this for a fact. But there is some truth in what you said in other agencies I believe. OMES actually did some good and some screw ups so it's a tossup to me after working under their system for several years, can't remember what year it was implemented but it's been a minute.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had nearly 41 years as a state employee and things just seemed to get worse and worse year after year with red tape and gov't control taking away from individual agencies

Been retired nearly 5 years and never missed it a bit

CST

Marksman
Reaction score
Coming from the Peoples Republic of Commiefornia, the Tag Agency was my fist experience with Oklahoma government. Registered 2 trucks from out of state, and with all fees included it was like $300 and I was out of there in less than 20 mins. I hope they dont change a THING! Back in CA they would have dry humped me for about $2000 and I would have lost at least a day of my life.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I just renewed my tags and the only difference was that I had to write "Service Oklahoma" instead of "OTC" on the check. Speed was just as good as before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom