Well? Anyone get bad damage last night?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn’t get any damage from the storms. But I have been dealing with a highway construction subcontractor who has destroyed my front yard. They just arbitrarily decided to drive around in my front yard making canyons.
That is typical of most construction contractors they think they can go and do what they want and destroy other peoples property and dont care aslong as they meet their deadline and gets paid, i see all to often and complains about it but no one in charge will do anything about it.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is typical of most construction contractors they think they can go and do what they want and destroy other peoples property and dont care aslong as they meet their deadline and gets paid, i see all to often and complains about it but no one in charge will do anything about it.

Had a positive conversation with both ODOT & the Electric Coop. They agreed 100% with me. It’ll probably never be corrected to previous condition but are going to try. Sub got fired.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t get any damage from the storms. But I have been dealing with a highway construction subcontractor who has destroyed my front yard. They just arbitrarily decided to drive around in my front yard making canyons.

Do you know who the prime contractor is? They are the ones responsible. Contact the department who is running the operation and start demanding they fix your property. Be very friendly non-confrontational and firm. State the issue, state you want it fixed, state it is their responsibility to manage their contractors and it is now their responsibility to make you whole. Do you have photos of the subcontractor doing the damage? Did they admit it? Subcontractors could not care less. They go out of business all the time. The prime and the state do care, they have to stay in business. The prime is the one who has already been paid and budgeted to make these repairs.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry much about the okra. Just cut it off at the breaks. Okra is a tough plant, and hard to kill.

The best stand of okra we had when I was a kid was when the cows got into the garden and at the plants to the ground. It grew back twice as tall and loaded to the gills!
Had that happen once with a small stand of sweet corn. Bull got in there and ate it almost to the ground. We just ignored it, the corn stalks grew back to almost 7 ft. Only time I ever remember harvesting corn 1st of October and best crop we ever made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom