Ok, the sample advertisement test thingy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see no ads on my computer, I guess adblock is killing them. Yay.

One my droid phone, they look like total ass and scrunch all the text to one side and if they don't go I'll have to see if I can block them on my phone (I'm a tech retard...anyone?) I assume they I can get adblock for my phone, but I've never looked into as I never phone surf anywhere with annoying ads...until now.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scroll bars appear to be an IE7 issue, unfortunately that's the browser I am stuck with at work. Chrome, Firefox and IE9 don't have any scrol bars in the post no matter how I sized my browser window last night.

Kelly Drown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we're back to more bugs from IE7 only again? This was a really buggy version of browser that Microsoft put out.

For those of you running this version can you upgrade to something more recent -- at least version 8? I'm finding that version 9 is really good and I'm loving it. I like 8 as well but 7 was always problematic.

From what it looks like, either extremely low resolutions or IE7 (or both) are the only ones having problems. The very low resolution is a given since this site was designed for a minimum resolution of 1024x768. It may be that those with very low resolutions will need to switch to the Mobile style for the site since essentially you're less than mobile resolutions if you're at 600 pixels wide. Even my iPod is 960x640 resolution so I can't imagine anything these days having only 600 pixels wide.

Verdigris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kelly -
I'm getting scroll bars on every post that has an ad placed in it. Using IE7 on the old work laptop here. After checking in Firefox, it does appear to be an IE7 issue.
Beyond that, I'm not seeing anything that isn't being reported in other posts. Just trying to add information so you can make the best decisions. :)

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you running this version can you upgrade to something more recent -- at least version 8? I'm finding that version 9 is really good and I'm loving it. I like 8 as well but 7 was always problematic.

Oh that's the funniest thing I have heard all day! LMFAO We won't get a better browser until we get new computers with an OS other than XP.
Fortuanetly they are now oredering and leaving windows7 on new equipment rather than rolling it back to XP before installing.
We finally managed to get office 2007 on some of our machines, last fall after office 2010 came out.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Oh that's the funniest thing I have heard all day! LMFAO We won't get a better browser until we get new computers with an OS other than XP.
Fortuanetly they are now oredering and leaving windows7 on new equipment rather than rolling it back to XP before installing.
We finally managed to get office 2007 on some of our machines, last fall after office 2010 came out.

Won't IE8 run on XP? If not, I must have been dreaming last night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom