OK schools require/naturalization test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or maybe this is yet another actual conservative action that "conservatives" can't recognize.

Why in the world would you spend the money and effort to write an exam on civics when the US Gov't has already created, and made available for free, a test that is, by all accounts, comprehensive and requires actual knowledge of American civics?

Good Lord, if conservatives are going to be as knee-jerk reactionary as leftists, the republic is completely screwed.
Yes, I don't see the problem with this.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This test can be taken in any language
Let me put it another way. Why do they offer a test in any language when you are graduating from an American school. Wouldn’t you think the test should be in English? If you can’t read an English test, YOU DONT PASS.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me no hablo all this crapo ----- surly we all know the left only want these kids to understand is, as soon as they can vote dem o rat- they need to do that if want the freebies to keep coming.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me put it another way. Why do they offer a test in any language when you are graduating from an American school. Wouldn’t you think the test should be in English? If you can’t read an English test, YOU DONT PASS.
I agree.
Most of the semi truck driver that are Indian or middle eastern do not have to have a cdl,
They a certain work permit/ license and companies can hire them to drive at a cheaper rate.
They do not have to know English.
Their ELD. With speak to them in their language.
I watch them get kicked off the oil rigs all the time.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think the citizenship exam should be given in any language other than English, but I can see the other side of this particular issue. What you're testing is the student's knowledge of US civics, so you don't want a language barrier to interfere with that. It's all well and good to say they should know English, but what if they're they're the older kids of newly naturalized citizens, and they're learning English, but not yet proficient in it? It's a pretty good bet that they know more of the info needed to pass the exam than most native-born students, but are they going to be fairly assessed on that if they're having trouble reading the questions and answers?

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think the citizenship exam should be given in any language other than English, but I can see the other side of this particular issue. What you're testing is the student's knowledge of US civics, so you don't want a language barrier to interfere with that. It's all well and good to say they should know English, but what if they're they're the older kids of newly naturalized citizens, and they're learning English, but not yet proficient in it? It's a pretty good bet that they know more of the info needed to pass the exam than most native-born students, but are they going to be fairly assessed on that if they're having trouble reading the questions and answers?
I can definitely see what you’re saying.
I do know they only offer US citizenship tests to get your actual citizenship in English only. As well if you go and get your drivers license it’s the same, English only.
So you have to be able to read and write some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom