OK to shoot coyote in OKC city limits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
welcome to OSA yrralguthrie ... don't get discouraged from sticking around... usually we are a friendly bunch.

note Stan that made comments is a newbie to OSA too.... welcome to both.

That^^, plus every forum or organization has a break in period.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
45/70 is hell on coyotes, and is so loud the neighbors will think it is a sonic boom...I have NOT tried this at home, but would bet it works ;)

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live on the farthest edge of a small town in SW Oklahoma and shoot armadillers every chance I get in my yard - we call it 'the other white meat'.:laughup:

Our town actually has an ordinance that allows residents to shoot pests with a shotgun.

Cedar Creek

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw one on the way to work this morning right outside my subdivision (on Westminster in MWC). I slowed my truck down and rolled down my window and expected him to bolt into the woods, but he stayed on the greenbelt even after I drove on. He looked skittish, but hardly terrified.

Although tempting, I don't think I could bring myself to stick the Kahr CW9 out the window for a shot!

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not that is against the law to shoot the coyote, but rather it's against city ordinance to discharge a firearm within the city limits. Are you in the city limits of OKC or Edmond, or are you outside the city limits and just in the county?

StanN you are incorrect. It is legal to discharge a shotgun inside OKC city limits. You have to be 600 ft away from any residence and use #2 shot or smaller.

http://library.municode.com/HTML/14...UCO2007_CH30MIPROF_ARTXFIWE_S30-308DIFIEXSHGA

Latest posts

Top Bottom