Okay pellet grill experts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know someone that has a pellet stove and he is complaining on the increased cost of pellet stoves and in Oklahoma wood for heating is plentiful. However, I had a catalytic wood burning insert that on the coldest day you'd have to open the door once the catalytic unit kicked in. I live in the house 11 years and never bought a rick -or for that matter a stick of firewood during that period. And, because it was so efficient that I'd rarely burn a rick of wood all winter. Load it up at night and in the morning put another stick of wood in to heat the next day. And in the event of power failure, a small generator ran the blower on the stove. if I had it to do over, I'd buy the wood burning heater/insert over the pellet stove. There is too much wood lying around in this state going to waste and to not use this resource is money down the drain.
The OP is asking about a cooking grill.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Traeger. It has a hard time maintaining 425 degrees. Not good enough to properly sear a steak. I’ve seen some models that have a searing feature and higher max operating temps. That’s what I’ll be looking for when this one gets replaced.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Traeger. It has a hard time maintaining 425 degrees. Not good enough to properly sear a steak. I’ve seen some models that have a searing feature and higher max operating temps. That’s what I’ll be looking for when this one gets replaced.
yes, that's an important detail that I want to remedy also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom