OKC Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm moving to Edmond. I'm thinking about where I can shoot, and I'll be not too far from OKC Gun Club. Can anyone give me a review about what it's like? Of course, I havent applied for membership so I don't even know if there are any membership slots available. The website says "sometimes" there is a waiting list for membership. Anyway, I'd like to have somewhere to maybe take some training and shoot on the move, from draw, etc. instead of just a plain indoor range. (Heartland Outdoors is a good place, but...)
Thanks

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a membership application from the web sight, fill it out and mail it in, you may get lucky as there will be a membership meeting in January 2013.

You can go to the club and shoot any of the matches that are listed on the calander in the back of the Primer news letter without being
a member, anyother time membership is required or you can go with a member.

There only two divisions in the club that will allow you to shoot from a draw, IPSC/IDPA/3Gun or Cowboy Action both held at different times on the same range.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flagstar,

They only do membership inductions once a year unless they do not fill up all of the membership spots. IIRC the membership drive is always near the start of the year so if you sent one in June of this year, you should hear something closer to the first of next year. Be somewhat thankful as they would make you pay the full yearly price no matter when you sign up as they do not pro-rate any of the fees. If you are truly concerned, you could call or email the two contacts for membership to make sure they did receive your application. I would not worry too much though as the process has probably not been started yet.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Membership there is well worth it, try to write something meaningfull on the app where it ask what you would do if you
we're given a membership. I understand they like to hear things like "you would like to volunteer your time to better the club" or "work with the scouts program" if there are only a few openings it will better your chances. A good friend of mine has been a member there for 15+ years and a chairman from time to time, he's the one that suggested that to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom