Oklahoma City Gunsmith Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to leave my revolver with Black Label Armaments. They are trust-worthy and nice, and I believe that they are being honest with me, so I'm leaving that where it is.

I do however, have a FEG Hi-Power clone that "ain't quite right". Rear safety does not move, and the gun occasionally disassembles itself while firing.

Is there a gunsmith out there that can completely rework it for me and fix it's woes and get it smoothed out and up and running for me?
Why not take that to Clint as well?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to leave my revolver with Black Label Armaments. They are trust-worthy and nice, and I believe that they are being honest with me, so I'm leaving that where it is.

I do however, have a FEG Hi-Power clone that "ain't quite right". Rear safety does not move, and the gun occasionally disassembles itself while firing.

Is there a gunsmith out there that can completely rework it for me and fix it's woes and get it smoothed out and up and running for me?

What do you mean "disassembles itself while firing"? I have owned several HP's and still do. To this day, I have never seen one come apart. Have you taken it apart and made sure that it was put back together correctly? It just seems odd. As for gunsmiths in this area, the above names are all that I know. I'm not sure if Mike Cyrus works on HP's at all, but I don't think so. He is great at what he does, but he seems to stick to a few specific platforms. Also, he used to have a pretty good waiting list. He goes by Ol Yeller on the site, maybe he can point you in the right decision.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a general gunsmith for 20+ years. Old parts are hard to find. All people brought me was the old ones nobody else wanted to work on and they wanted next day service. Ha-Ha! If you can get a list of the exact parts and model/variation of the colt, I'll look thru my parts cabinets. As far as FEG parts that would be a toughee.
On both guns you might look at gunbroker for parts kits where they sell you everything but the receiver. sometimes they go pretty cheap compared to ordering 2 or 3 parts.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you mean "disassembles itself while firing"? I have owned several HP's and still do. To this day, I have never seen one come apart. Have you taken it apart and made sure that it was put back together correctly? It just seems odd. As for gunsmiths in this area, the above names are all that I know. I'm not sure if Mike Cyrus works on HP's at all, but I don't think so. He is great at what he does, but he seems to stick to a few specific platforms. Also, he used to have a pretty good waiting list. He goes by Ol Yeller on the site, maybe he can point you in the right decision.

Meaning the retainer/slide stop pin ejected itself while firing and the slide came about 3/4 of the way off of the frame. The safety has not worked since day 1. It was a surplus buy off of classic firearms. I'm not into it a whole lot. It could have been disassembled wrong by yours truly, but that doesn't explain the safety. It (the safety) moves up and down, but it doesn't stop the gun from firing.

I don't shoot that gun much.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still need to find a gunsmith that can work on my revolver. Black Label Armament contacted me and let me know that I could come pick it up and that they could not fix it.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jk Williams was the gunsmith at outdoor America and a stand up guy. I played ball and went to school with his son. Since they closed he moved to a gun shop in Yukon called Henry's Guns 405-494-1318

hes worked on several guns for my dad including an old Makarov and colt detective revolver and also a Remington 700 for me. you could not ask for better quality work. It is worth a shot calling and at least talking to him about the gun to see what he says.

Latest posts

Top Bottom