Oklahoma is getting national recognition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
teen birth rate????

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/344220

Opression by the moral majority. Okie republicans want to jump in the way back machine and go back to 1954. Sorry but it no longer works. I dont want some submissive mewling milk sop house wife and theres no good reason to have massive family with a dozen kids anymore. The fact that men think they know whats best for women is assinine.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can I move there now? Permission to come aboard, captain?

As long as you are not a flaming liberal tired of your current economic floundering and social destruction, that you did you part to make. and once arriving here you enjoy your new economic opportunities but then decide that "this place needs some serious "enlightenment" then become bent on diluting our voting pool and spreading your failed and flawed ideology to our great state. If so, stay where you are and lie in the bed you made. If not, permission granted. :)

PS this is what scares me about being a state that is doing "well". I'd hate to attract too many libs from failing states. It's like a spreading plague of destruction. :)

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/344220

Opression by the moral majority. Okie republicans want to jump in the way back machine and go back to 1954. Sorry but it no longer works. I dont want some submissive mewling milk sop house wife and theres no good reason to have massive family with a dozen kids anymore. The fact that men think they know whats best for women is assinine.

Lol! That you think that way. You seem very.... uh hum "enlightened" way more so than us back assward throwbacks. You really got Okie Republicans nailed. ya know I hear Kalifornia is nice this time of year. You might like it there.

Mewling milk sop house wife's aside, there's a lot to be said for families who decide to live within their means (there doesn't have to be a wealthy husband in the picture) thus allowing the woman to stay home and raise a kid or two or three ( whatever their choice may be)...rather than have the village do it.
I'm not bashing the working mom, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm just saying the Housewife is an awesome and noble profession and IMHO there are far too few and they are far too dismissed in public opinion.

As far as that link goes. I'm not one for restricting birth control. The first 12 years of my marriage we didn't want kids. Birth control was a vital part of that. Then we changed and decided we only wanted one.

I am willing to bet that "story" is a nice bit of scare tactics. That never happens huh? Come on! thinkprogress.org?really? Really?

Last edited:

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Residents of Oklahoma said not to trample on the Constitution. Oklahoma did it anyway by displaying the 10 Commandments on State property! Though, somehow the violation of Separation of Church and State is OK since it caters to the majority.

If its that important to you. There's plenty of other states that "don't trample on the constitution" by all means feel free to check em out!
Sure they got bancrupt cities and high unemployment, BUT they don't have the 10 commandments on state property! And THAT'S what is really important!?!?!

For what it's worth, I'm a little on the fence about that, separation of church and state has been misinterpreted and blurred, but seriously, if you don't agree with it, is it really worth it to be that upset with it considering ? Pick your battles or go somewhere where you don't have to fight em.

That's my opinion I could be wrong.

As I said before....OKLAHOMA!!! F@&# YEAH!!
:)

Last edited:

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Residents of Oklahoma said not to trample on the Constitution. Oklahoma did it anyway by displaying the 10 Commandments on State property! Though, somehow the violation of Separation of Church and State is OK since it caters to the majority.

Separation of church and state is a myth. I don't know about your copy of the constitution, but I can't find the words "separation of church and state" anywhere in mine. This country was founded on Judeo-Christian values, and the intention was to keep those values as the foundation of it's governance. The first amendment states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." and was meant to protect the church from the state, and to prevent the state from creating a mandatory national religion; not to remove from the government the founding principals on which the country began. Basically, it was understood that the government would reflect Christian values, but the people are free to practice any religion that butters their toast, or no religion at all.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol! That you think that way. You seem very.... uh hum "enlightened" way more so than us back assward throwbacks. You really got Okie Republicans nailed. ya know I hear Kalifornia is nice this time of year. You might like it there.

Mewling milk sop house wife's aside, there's a lot to be said for families who decide to live within their means (there doesn't have to be a wealthy husband in the picture) thus allowing the woman to stay home and raise a kid or two or three ( whatever their choice may be)...rather than have the village do it.
I'm not bashing the working mom, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm just saying the Housewife is an awesome and noble profession and IMHO there are far too few and they are far too dismissed in public opinion.

As far as that link goes. I'm not one for restricting birth control. The first 12 years of my marriage we didn't want kids. Birth control was a vital part of that. Then we changed and decided we only wanted one.

I am willing to bet that "story" is a nice bit of scare tactics. That never happens huh? Come on! thinkprogress.org?really? Really?

Go read Jolly's bill, while you're at it go look at some of the abortion legislation that got passed, which Henry vetoed and that was over ridden and passed into law anyway.

Enlightened? Not really. Nor did I disparage the housewife, just mentioned my personal preferences once again. But we have a male dominated government in this state as well as nationally and legislators all seem to think they know whats best for us in regards to procreation and birth control, the direct or indirect result is still the same it's telling women their place is in the home barefoot and pregnant.

As far as commandments on the courthouse steps go separation of church and state is to insure that the government is not allowed to dictate what religion(s) are acceptable to follow or not. It prevents the formation of a state sponsored church. I'm not anti common sense I am anti neanderthal oppression of anyone.

Real mature response btw if you don't like it move...

Latest posts

Top Bottom