Oklahoma public hunting land used by drug cartels.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats just one of the reasons I want to switch my hunting rig to a .308 AR platform rifle. Never know just who might be out there in the boondocks with you...Be nice to be able to throw a 25rnd mag in my pack just in case.

I also try to stick to the more managed places, like Pushmataha. Shame you can't rifle hunt there, it would be the only place i'd go.

RAMS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it lawful to carry concealed, with a carry permit of course, in all OK public hunting and fishing areas? Or does it depend on the rules for each area?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all over the place around here growing wild.
You are northwest right?

I was working in Guymon awhile back and was shocked at the drug gang problems out there. The city of Hooker was especially having problems. I was like WTF? :bigeye: There's nothing there! Then I went out to Optima WMA to use the range and saw the graffiti. Always made sure I had the CCW on my hip after seeing that and being totally alone out there.

Since I usually hunt SE Oklahoma in hillbilly country, from now on I might just take my chances with the game warden writing me a ticket for a high cap mag in my AR while hunting. I'll load the first 5 as softpoints for the four leged brown critters and the rest FMJ after that for the two legged variety. It's getting pretty maddening reading about all this these days.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are northwest right?

Since I usually hunt SE Oklahoma in hillbilly country, from now on I might just take my chances with the game warden writing me a ticket for a high cap mag in my AR while hunting. I'll load the first 5 as softpoints for the four leged brown critters and the rest FMJ after that for the two legged variety. It's getting pretty maddening reading about all this these days.

Look a little closer, the mag law only applies to .22 cal. rifles, get a .308, why only the first 5 SP, you want to end the fight quick, the guy you wound is the one that kills ya...

Latest posts

Top Bottom