Oklahoma Regional Food Bank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yo, check it out, went there today and they gave me 2 big boxes of canned goods. I figure if I do that twice a month for a year, I can probably have all my canned goods prepping covered, best of all it was FREE!!!!!!!!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please, tell if this is either an April Fools joke or you're hard up enough to need the food for your family.

While Cobra is joking, I knew a family of three, both parents worked at Tinker, good paying jobs. Drove the latest model vehicles, had the latest gadgets, lots of expensive hobbies, daughter had every single thing a kid could ever ask for under the sun. Every time the Food Bank opened they were down there getting food. Went at separate times and him under his name and her under her maiden name so they could "double dip". Last I heard they'd both been fired from Tinker, he's went to jail for embezzlement (from Tinker) and she was off with the maintenance man doing her best to make some more kids. Those cars and all those expensive toys -- repo'ed. I would have KILLED for one of those jobs. Oh, well ... all you can say is "Some people's kids ... "

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While Cobra is joking, I knew a family of three, both parents worked at Tinker, good paying jobs. Drove the latest model vehicles, had the latest gadgets, lots of expensive hobbies, daughter had every single thing a kid could ever ask for under the sun. Every time the Food Bank opened they were down there getting food. Went at separate times and him under his name and her under her maiden name so they could "double dip". Last I heard they'd both been fired from Tinker, he's went to jail for embezzlement (from Tinker) and she was off with the maintenance man doing her best to make some more kids. Those cars and all those expensive toys -- repo'ed. I would have KILLED for one of those jobs. Oh, well ... all you can say is "Some people's kids ... "

People like that make me sick.

My dad told me about a guy he works with at Michelin (where his wife also works), and together they make $120k+ and that this POS of would go to all the local churches to get free shoes and clothes for his kids. People like this don't deserve to be on this planet, or reproduce for that matter.

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
To Thine Own Self Be True

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to a mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.

For it isn't our fathers or mothers or wife
Whose judgment you must this day pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.

Some people might think you're a straight-shootin chum
And call you a wonderful guy
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.

He's the fellow to please never mind all the rest
For he's the one with you clear to the end
And you'll have passed your most dangerous test
If the guy in the glass is your best friend.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you've cheated the man in the glass.

Last edited:

Lowlight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does not surprise me that people try to take advantage of "the system". I don't understand why though. What is so hard about hard work and you get what you can afford and live within your means. Don't guess I understand

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy that feeds the deer on his property with commodity peanut butter. Cuts the cans in half, sets 'em out, deer clean'em up.

He buys the stuff from bums near downtown Tulsa who come by his shop panhandling. Food banks provide to them for free, John gets it for a dollar, deer get fed, John gets deer.

This is the best use of my tax money I've seen yet. I'd rather feed the deer and 'Ol John, than some bum that won't work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom