Banner canned sausage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieWH2O

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spam, eggs and rice. It's what's for breakfast (lunch or supper) in Hawaii.

1703703823124.png

Oklahomahunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took our scout troop camping (every month) last year and a group of our older boys were making bacon and eggs. When they got done with the 2# of bacon they were going to dump out the grease. Us adults told them to save some of it and cook their eggs in it. Now, these boys are about as easy going as they come but also SUPER sheltered. My son’s group is the exact opposite. Anyway, the boys go back to cooking and we stayed in our campsite. A little while later I was making my rounds and noticed there were a few eggs left. I asked the boys how breakfast was and they said it was great. I told them I noticed a little eggs left and they offered them to me. I declined, but told them they looked a little shiney. One then told me they’d actually scrambled a dozen eggs in ALL the grease that came out of that 2# of bacon. We then had a conversation about what we meant by “some” and what direction they could go to find a place to take a dump. The life of the scoutmaster…..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep some corned beef hash in my stocks to go with the powdered eggs for breakfast and just eat it when it gets a little past the best by date. Had a can I needed to eat buy lately they have been 75% tators. Being diabetic I needed to up the protein and while at Walmart I saw a can of Banner sausage. I figured what the heck. I would fry up the hash and put it in a big container. Then fry up the sausage with some eggs and dump on top of the hash. Every morning I could spoon out a serving of the mixture for breakfast.

You know what they say about best layed planes.

Start with when you open the can of Banner sausage you will need to spoon off the grease. There is way to much of it. While you are doing that heat up a skillet. If a non-stick there is no need to pan the skillet. Sausage still has plenty of grease. Once the skillet is hot, pour the sausage in. (yes pour) While the sausage is starting to cook beat some eggs. The recipe online says 5 or 6, I found 14 to be about right. Cook till eggs are set. No need to add salt, at all. It has plenty.
The can sausage 10.5 oz but most of that is grease. Maybe 4oz after cooking. Now I will admit the flavor is not bad but not breakfast sausage. Still it would add more protein, fat and salt to your food stocks. Less than $2 a can at Walmart.

View attachment 440540
Never in my lifetime will anything like that cross my lips. :puke::puke::puke:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You get hungry enough and you will be surprised what will cross your lips. Trust me. I have been there. That is why you try stuff before hand and keep some that you find least offensive on hand.
I've been through a survival school way back in the day. Ate stuff that no human should ever eat. Not that stuff though. I don't need to eat anything like that anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom