Banner canned sausage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep some corned beef hash in my stocks to go with the powdered eggs for breakfast and just eat it when it gets a little past the best by date. Had a can I needed to eat buy lately they have been 75% tators. Being diabetic I needed to up the protein and while at Walmart I saw a can of Banner sausage. I figured what the heck. I would fry up the hash and put it in a big container. Then fry up the sausage with some eggs and dump on top of the hash. Every morning I could spoon out a serving of the mixture for breakfast.

You know what they say about best layed planes.

Start with when you open the can of Banner sausage you will need to spoon off the grease. There is way to much of it. While you are doing that heat up a skillet. If a non-stick there is no need to pan the skillet. Sausage still has plenty of grease. Once the skillet is hot, pour the sausage in. (yes pour) While the sausage is starting to cook beat some eggs. The recipe online says 5 or 6, I found 14 to be about right. Cook till eggs are set. No need to add salt, at all. It has plenty.
The can sausage 10.5 oz but most of that is grease. Maybe 4oz after cooking. Now I will admit the flavor is not bad but not breakfast sausage. Still it would add more protein, fat and salt to your food stocks. Less than $2 a can at Walmart.

Banner sausage.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reading the comments on it around the web and most people agree with me. Not a do over. Some from the deep South say it is a thing there. Supposedly for a long time. Kind of a Sunday treat before church.

I am not that Southern. :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom