Oklaoma has no profientcy for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here lies the problem....It is a constitutional right to be able to carry a firearm and to protect yourself, your family, and your property and requiring proficiency would mean some people could not exercise that right if they do not pass a certain percentile.

What people don't seem to understand is that even though it is a right it is more importantly a responsibility. You have to be responsible for where every shot goes. We make people take driving tests in order to drive...why....because if someone is not proficient with driving they endanger everyone on the roadway. So the same reasoning could be said about guns. If you are not proficient with your gun and you use it you are endangering everyone. Oklahoma does not even require you to hit the target at all. All you have to be able to do is point and shoot if you can pull the trigger you get you carry card regardless if you hit paper at 5 or 10 yards.

So...In theory even if your blind...you can apply for and get a concealed carry permit in Oklahoma and if you ask me it is just absurd.

Because it is a responsibility and not just a right. congratulations on getting your permit and taking the extra step of training...I wish everyone would do that.

I am a firm believer in an armed citizenry and gun rights of those citizens. But, their should be some standard however small that they should have to meet.

Now I'm going to run and get my water hose running...set out my fire extinguisher...and get ready for the flame war.

Just my opinion.

They only care about you knowing how to safely handle the firearm and know the laws. Same thing as getting a driver's license.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm actually more afraid of someday being shot by an idiot with a conceal carry than I am an actual criminal, to be honest.

It might help your phobia to know that you are 11 times as likely to be shot by the police by mistake, or that you are as likely to get killed by a falling meteorite.

It is 50% likely you will be a victim of a violent crime at least once in your life.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As far as I know,no state has a qualification standard for ccw.Actually,OK has one of the more "stringent" courses.Many States don't even require you to fire a weapon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom