Donatos Pizza is in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hack

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just commented on the fried chicken thread and thought I'd do everyone a big favor. I've moved around my whole career in the aerospace industry. I have never found pizza anywhere to be as good as what I grew up with in the midwest. Well now that I've settled down here my dreams have come true. I went to Donatos for lunch yesterday and it made me very happy. I'm told more are coming to OKC and Tulsa. Try it. You'll like it.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hideaways fried mushrooms are awesome. I wish we had a true deep dish Chicago style pizza place here.
There's a detroit style place in edmond, woodward pizza. I've eaten there twice, its damn good, and I am not even a fan of thick crust pizza. Its also probably the best leftover pizza I have ever eaten, almost better than fresh. Its not chicago, but its different from all the regular pizza joints around the city.

Last time I was there I spoke with the owner for almost an hour. He's worked in pizza his entire life, and the sauce and dough are his personal recipes that he spent over a year (I think he said that) developing. I think the dough is a tiny bit bland, but its still really good. He is passionate about that stuff too, he talks about having to train people how to pinch sausage in a certain way for the pizza.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Donatos tasted like arcade pizza to me… reviews aren’t great either, but clearly some like it. Ymmv.
Woodward is great pizza for deep dish! Pricey though. Empire is good too, pretty close to NY style, but a little more quality than NY, and I say that with love. There’s a joint on North May, don’t recall the name, that uses a water filtration system to replicate NY water for their crust. It does taste a lot like NY pizza, but I think they over did it a little. Nothing is as good as the real thing, but it’s all pretty close.

Latest posts

Top Bottom