OkShooters Connection Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that why you host an entirely different server with a completely different trunk.

the only example I've been part of is Candlepower Forums ... 129k registered members with 4k active ... that's a LOT of folks jonesing when CPF is down.

there's a predetermined site called CPF lifeline ...... anytime CPF main site is down, folks know to try CPF lifeline. folks hang out there until the main site comes back up.

all these redundancies cost $$$ ... but it can be and has already been done by sites with MUCH more traffic. good to see OSA grow in the short time I've been here.

Won't display when there's hosting issues.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have only been on for a few weeks but I have gotten kind of addicted to watching. Noticed it being down.

I told a friend of mine (Not a computer person) that it was like going to a gun show while sitting in my living room.

Missing out on the 12 dollar entry fee wasn't bad either.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the admin is paying $1200 out of pocket each year

Is any of this cost covered by the people who have applied for and been approved as sponsors? I sure hope so... I hope all of it is.

Thanks for keeping OSA free to the general population. I do appreciate this forum.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
more folks need to send paypal so Kelly has more options to keep OSA up.

one cheap option is to start an entirely new board called OSA lifeline ... just for folks to hang out during outages. package could be the lowest $$ offered and still do the job. it'd be simple to duplicate OSA's current setup without populating backend.

an OSA lifeline can also be very_useful if/when Kelly decides to change to an entirely different host.

put your $$$ where you mouth is... send $$$ paypal!!!

I figure since the site is running on the $8/mo package, maybe with enough donations we could bump up to the next tier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom