On a lighter note - best liquor store in T-town?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, the other thread about Bunghole got me thinking.... I have one or two I check out when I'm in town, usually.

What are your treasured liquor stores for convenience, selection, price, etc.?

Personally, I like Parkhill's South Liquors and Wine at 10018 S. Memorial, across from Target. I hit this place after FBT almost every time... it's a good thing, too, because if I went here first, I'd not have anything left to give the Fat Boys! Great wine selection, lots of great Scotches, without the super high-end ones - at least not that I've seen. But some very good ones. Not been a huge wine drinker, but they have given me some tips on ones that I actually ended up liking quite well. Kudos to them, and at least a couple of their employees know their wines. My staple of Balvenie Doublewood there is around $47, which is about $10-12 cheaper than I get it here on average, so I'll usually pick up 3-5 bottles as well as a couple of others. Just the fact that they have 3-5 bottles on the shelf makes me happy. :D I saw some Balvenie Portwood, an 18-year, in there I was really aching to try, but didn't want to drop $150 or so on it at the time.

Second for me is B&B Liquor Warehouse on Mingo just south of Union High. Now THEY have some great Scotches, a number of very high-end ones like Macallan 25 and such. Looks like they have a ton of wine, too, but I've never really looked at their selection. I still think Parkhill's has more. Last time I was in there a couple weeks ago, I picked up a bottle of Glenmorangie 18-year Extremely Rare for around $75.... I think someone mismarked it. I'm seeing it for around $150 online. It's ok, but not worth $150, not really worth $75, IMNSHO.

What say you? Better places? Cheaper places? Better selections?

Come on T-Towners, help me achieve my goal of finding the best place in Tulsa to contribute to my ongoing debauchery. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We always stop at B&B when we come to tulsa. The prices are 25% cheaper than any of the stores in Ponca. Usually a end up with a couple of cases of wine, vodka, and bourbon/whisky mixed.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides Parkhill, there's only a couple I would go out of my way for.

Collin's at 15th and Yale is my go-to. Metalheads working the counter and a huge beer selection - microbrews, imports and cheapies (yay 30s of Hamm's for $13) Good prices on everything.

Old Village at 41st and Peoria has the cheapest wine in town, period. I've priced several bottles at ~25% cheaper than anywhere else.

My most hated is the Cherry Street one by the donut shop. Drive east a mile to Columbia or the Liqour Barn and save 10-20% on everything and get friendlier service. At least that was my experience the two times I went.

Latest posts

Top Bottom