Does OK have the best Gas Station arrangement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have traveled a lot and besides us not having Bucee's (I bet we'll get one eventually down towards Winstar or off US 75), I think we have the best gas stations in terms of cleanliness, parking, and E0 availability. OnCue is just great and now QT is popping up in OKC since that stupid deal with the Brown family and their 7/11s finally died.

In some places out west, it seems like their gas station options just suck. It's all expensive and dirty Shell or Exxon stations, unless you are willing to wait 30 mins in line to get gas at Sams or Costco to save sometimes 70 cents!! per gallon. (but even then it's ethanol 10% and you probably burned a gallon waiting in line)

Why do we have it so good?

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
No, OK does not have the best Gas Station arrangement. When I was in trade school in NJ, I worked part time at an Exxon station. I pumped the gas, cleaned the windshield, checked the oil and if requested I checked the tire pressure...oh, wait that was 51 years ago...nevermind!

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned sumthin about Gas. i started using gas that has the Top Tier endorsement on the pump and i have two vehicles that had the check engine light on and the gas cured both of them. one after about 80 gallons and the other took a bit more. all i can figure is the detergent must have cleaned something up.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, OK does not have the best Gas Station arrangement. When I was in trade school in NJ, I worked part time at an Exxon station. I pumped the gas, cleaned the windshield, checked the oil and if requested I checked the tire pressure...oh, wait that was 51 years ago...nevermind!
I wish we had Wawa's like NJ.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I still had my travel trailer it really made difference if you could find one of those, especially Buccees.
We’re getting a Casey’s here now and hopefully it turns out nice.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t forget Casey’s.

I agree, we are blessed with great options.

When I still had my travel trailer it really made difference if you could find one of those, especially Buccees.
We’re getting a Casey’s here now and hopefully it turns out nice.
I don't know what the deal is with them, but Casey's here in the city has a horrible reputation for having crappy gas and card skimmers on every pump, even in decent areas. I had a rewards program with them too, and continuously had it sending me spam because someone was trying to hack into it.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried Casey's gas in my Yukon and mileage went down about 2 mpg.........Run the tank down filled up with a couple tanks of 7*11 and on cue and mileage went back up. Found out all of Casey's gas has a percentage of ethanol in it according to the company

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loves is OK but kinda goin downhill. Most of the places I have been in really need a coat of paint.
When did Love’s take over the concession on the Turner Turnpike? I stopped at the eastbound plaza last weekend to learn that it is now a Love’s. I like Love’s, but they carry different stuff than the old management; they dropped the bottled sodas I liked and switched from Hiland milk products to something else (which is kind of surprising, given their proximity to the Hiland Dairy).

Latest posts

Top Bottom