One to the hip, literally ... sadly enough.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very sad and tragic. I think the Sheriff's office Captain's comment was spot on. There's no way this would've happened if the CCW'er had been using a quality holster.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very sad and tragic. I think the Sheriff's office Captain's comment was spot on. There's no way this would've happened if the CCW'er had been using a quality holster.

Accidents do happen, but I agree that most can be avoided by taking precautionary steps.

Of course, the bad news is what makes the headlines and the anti-gunners will use the .00001% situations to justify their positions. The fact of the matter is that millions of legal CCW holders carry every day with no incidents.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgive me guys, and I dont want to start a debate but rather ask a question. This is indeed tragic and I know this is not the guns fault. I also carry a glock but in a kydex holster. It covers the trigger guard and my gun does not move whatsoever in my holster. But I dont carry in condition 1 for just this reason. Putting aside the debate of carrying condition 1 or having a club so to speak, how does one overcome this? I am very comfortable knowing my glock is positioned so the trigger cannot be pulled, and since it snaps into the holster I dont think it could ever ride up and discharge. I just have not reached the point that I am comfortable with one in the pipe. Please advise.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgive me guys, and I dont want to start a debate but rather ask a question. This is indeed tragic and I know this is not the guns fault. I also carry a glock but in a kydex holster. It covers the trigger guard and my gun does not move whatsoever in my holster. But I dont carry in condition 1 for just this reason. Putting aside the debate of carrying condition 1 or having a club so to speak, how does one overcome this? I am very comfortable knowing my glock is positioned so the trigger cannot be pulled, and since it snaps into the holster I dont think it could ever ride up and discharge. I just have not reached the point that I am comfortable with one in the pipe. Please advise.

It's definitley (sp?) beneficial to carry condition 1, since you have no idea whether or not you will be able to chamber a round, should the need arise. You may be trying to block a knife attack, push to create distance, move/hold a loved one out of the way, one hand/arm may be injured, endless possibilites. Carrying with one in the pipe makes it possible to operate the weapon with one hand to efficiently defend yourself/loved ones.

It does, however, come down to a comfort level. Some people are just flat out not comfortable carrying condition 1. I am, simply because of being in theatre before. Personally, I view it safer, as long as you are comfortable with it, have the confidence in your weapons handling skills, and have good quality gear. Hope that helps.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's definitley (sp?) beneficial to carry condition 1, since you have no idea whether or not you will be able to chamber a round, should the need arise. You may be trying to block a knife attack, push to create distance, move/hold a loved one out of the way, one hand/arm may be injured, endless possibilites. Carrying with one in the pipe makes it possible to operate the weapon with one hand to efficiently defend yourself/loved ones.

It does, however, come down to a comfort level. Some people are just flat out not comfortable carrying condition 1. I am, simply because of being in theatre before. Personally, I view it safer, as long as you are comfortable with it, have the confidence in your weapons handling skills, and have good quality gear. Hope that helps.

Thanks Grizz. As a lineman by trade, we are taught that we must trust our tools. Guess I am in the same boat in this scenario. I just need to trust my tools, my gun and its safety features, my holster and its features. Booger hook off the trigger till I want it to go bang.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Grizz. As a lineman by trade, we are taught that we must trust our tools. Guess I am in the same boat in this scenario. I just need to trust my tools, my gun and its safety features, my holster and its features. Booger hook off the bang switch till I want it to go bang.

Glad to help! You are right, gotta trust your tools! And I fixed it for ya:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom