OneOk in Medford on Fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They should have their own fire dept and very well trained. Keep us posted.

They don't, just the Medford volunteer dept. There's nothing that any fire dept could do, and no chief or IC would ever send anyone in to fight something like that. There's not enough foam or water in the state to make dent in a fire of that type or scale, or even be able to get close enough to it to use it.

" In case of fire, RUN" is the motto around there I'm sure. Glad nobody got hurt in the initial incident.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found an article from 2014 about the Medford plant. It talked about reversing the flow of product, mainly propane, back to the Conway underground storage facility. This was to help elevate supply issues from Conway.

If I used propane in my house, I’d probably think about filling my tank on Monday.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pressurized system, nothing to be done until pressure is relieved. It will continue to burn.
Automatic valves block supply. Protect surrounding area.

Google US pipeline map. People get wound up over XL, they have no idea what is under their feet.

Glad there were no injuries, but nothing about this is unusual, unless the cause is brought into question, through the investigation.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just talked to a friend in Medford that has worked there part time. Only half the town was evacuated and nobody was hurt as far as he knows. Two of three hydrocarbon alarms went off and an operator hit a diverter button that cuts flow to the plant and everyone left. If a system that shuts all the valves wasn't activated, the fire will burn until all the vessels drain.
Is this fire supplied with just above ground vessles, or a Cavern, or both?

Latest posts

Top Bottom