only 3 days to hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always had the most luck on the first three days of muzzle loader season. That way you can bow hunt and hunt with your muzzle loader at the same time.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would pick opening weekend of rifle season. I know there are more hunters out that weekend, but that is when I have taken the majority of my deer.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
nov, 10th, 11th, and 12th..

Bucks are really on the move during daylight hours this time of year, The first does are coming into estrus. Hunt all day on edges of doe bedding areas and known travel routes..

Reaction score
Yeah, the weekend before the opening gun season weekend, which this year would be Nov 13th - 14th. Archery only. This would be my pick for a really woodsy area, where shots will be short anyway (so archery-only is not a big handicap).

But the first weekend of deer gun (Nov 20th-21st this year) would be my choice for a more open area, with long shots.

The other in-between archery weekend (Nov 6th-7th this year) would be good too, as well as the last weekend of muzzleloader season (Oct 30th - 31st this year).

The first two mentioned are cooler.

Latest posts

Top Bottom