only 3 days to hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would pick Nov.17-19.
The Seeking Phase of the rut is usually the best time to hunt for many treestand hunters...
The Seeking Phase peaks 3-4 days before the "Rutting Moon".
The "Rutting Moon" is the second full moon(Nov.21st,2010) after the Fall Equinox(Sept23, 2010)
A female deer's reproductive cycle is influenced by the different phases of the moon, and peaks in the three or four days surrounding the second full moon after the Fall Equinox.

This is not cut in stone as many circumstances other than the Moon phase can influence deer movement, such as other Hunters, weather fronts, predators, and the rut itself!

Also Nov. 17-19 is still bow season and also weekday's with not as many other hunters in the woods!

That is so far in the future without knowing any weather forecast for that time frame.... but if I was told to pick dates "Right Now"!.... That is when I would pick!

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So am I and the other people on here reading this correct? You have 3 days to hunt deer this year but you can choose whenever you want to do that?
What type of hunting do you do and what firearms are you proficient with and have access to use? Rifle, Bow, Blackpowder or all? To generally answer your qeustion though:

From my experience, the rut has always been good to me. The bucks are moving around the most during this time but I am a still hunter. I sit up against a tree and wait.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So am I and the other people on here reading this correct? You have 3 days to hunt deer this year but you can choose whenever you want to do that?
What type of hunting do you do and what firearms are you proficient with and have access to use? Rifle, Bow, Blackpowder or all? To generally answer your qeustion though:

From my experience, the rut has always been good to me. The bucks are moving around the most during this time but I am a still hunter. I sit up against a tree and wait.

Here is the deal. I just moved here from Alabama. I am trying to get some pointers on hunting in OK. The question is IF you only had THREE days to DEER hunt for the entire season and could PICK them, What three days would you pick? I do not care about gun hunting. Just bow hunting. For example in Alabama I would definitly be in the woods from sun up to sun down December 26th-29th. I know their will be some differences in the answers, i am just looking for a pattern to get a feel for things here. I didnt think it was a stupid question. Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom