Only in Oklahoma...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Storm warnings are about obedience. Yes, you should take precautions during a storm but telling people to get into their storm shelters the moment a storm begins... I think they are trying to make the populace scared of everything, except for the things we should be scared of.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dancing David Payne on Channel 9 will be having a total melt down........but his million watt radar and trained group of storm spotters will save the day

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Storms knock my antenna signal out anyway. There could be a raging tornado on the ground in se Oklahoma and a wind gust in Tulsa and they would cover Tulsa.
And as I have mentioned many times. The radio is broadcasting the TV channel weatherman and placing the tornado then the National Weather Service beeps in with their autocanned voice telling me to remove all sharp objects from my person and stay away from windows then take shelter in an interior bath or closet.

Pisses me the hell off!

:angry3: :finger:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Storm warnings are about obedience. Yes, you should take precautions during a storm but telling people to get into their storm shelters the moment a storm begins... I think they are trying to make the populace scared of everything, except for the things we should be scared of.
You’re right on targe, there…..

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand that. Here in rural Comanche County Elijah himself could call down fire from Heaven and we wouldn’t make the news.
Surly the local news media is not BIASED? Years ago we went and put out a house fire from a small town FD near Tulsa, TFD wouldn't run on this fire. about the time we got the fire out, a TFD engine, and a local TV news car, drove up togather. The Tulsa Captin, got out and was intervied about how they put out the fire, by the reporter on camra, they then loaded back up, and drove offf, while we worked a our rear off cleaning up the mess!!. The Captain did wave to us on the way out!!!

Poppaj

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the national weather service announcements are just as hard to understand as they were in the 60’s? Listening to perfectly clear storm coverage on tv and NWS cuts in and you can’t understand a single word they say. Or is it just me?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a buddy that said this years ago...he said something like that they wanted the old folks down in Marlow to be sure to stay tuned in LOL. So ratings has something to do with it too...but I do appreciate the OK weather "machine" when we need it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can remember back in the day when I was a kid, we only had one AM radio station in town and no tv in the home. When the storm clouds gathered and the spotters reported back to the radio station, we spent the night in the basement. Had some old military folding cots and blankets to cover up with. Thats how you did it back then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom