Only in Oklahoma...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the national weather service announcements are just as hard to understand as they were in the 60’s? Listening to perfectly clear storm coverage on tv and NWS cuts in and you can’t understand a single word they say. Or is it just me?
I haven't heard it lately as we turn off our NWS storm radio. It was becoming annoying and everything they said is on the tv.
They were using some german accent then. What are they using now?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why the national weather service announcements are just as hard to understand as they were in the 60’s? Listening to perfectly clear storm coverage on tv and NWS cuts in and you can’t understand a single word they say. Or is it just me?
Didn't I just say that?

I haven't heard it lately as we turn off our NWS storm radio. It was becoming annoying and everything they said is on the tv.
They were using some german accent then. What are they using now?
It is an old technology computer generated voice. They type in what they want to say and hit a button. That is why I called it autocanned. I have been to their facility and watched them type in a forecast.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't I just say that?

It is an old technology computer generated voice. They type in what they want to say and hit a button. That is why I called it autocanned. I have been to their facility and watched them type in a forecast.
My question is why not use a voice common to the US vs a German voice?
We don't use our weather radio anymore so it's a non-issue now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom