Opinions of T-Mobile?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have experience (good or bad) with T-Mobile? That $49.99 plan for unlimited talk, text and 2GB data
looks like a pretty good deal, they claim to have the largest 4G network also. Alot of people I ask say I wont like T-Mobile but wont give any specifics.
Also thinking of the Galaxy S II phone also, anybody got their :twocents: on these?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had T-Mobile for our company phones. They were ok in OKC, but if you got out of the city, they did not get out. I used my ATT phone for work, more then my work phone.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had them for a long time. I really liked them. Never had and service trouble, and the customer service was outstanding. Had a decent selection of phones, not groundbreaking phones like most other carriers have, but decent. Now they have some good devices.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter that they are a good company because they are being bought out(by AT&T) and so they will almost certainly suck in the near future. I think that it is supposed to happen within the next 8-9 months. Oh, then you will have to turn around and buy another phone.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter that they are a good company because they are being bought out(by AT&T) and so they will almost certainly suck in the near future. I think that it is supposed to happen within the next 8-9 months. Oh, then you will have to turn around and buy another phone.

They might not be, the DoJ has stepped in the block the merge, so we'll see what happens.

I've been with T-Mobile since 1998 when they were Voicestream Wireless. I've never had a problem with them. Great customer service, coverage has been perfect for me. The only time I have issues with signal is when someone else with Verizon or Sprint right next to me also has problem with signal.

I have the T-Mobile Vibrant, which is the first Samsung Galaxy S phone. I love the phone, it's a great device, but promises and support has been broken by Samsung and all Galaxy S phone carriers. I bought the phone a month or two after it came out last spring/summer and it shipped with Android version 2.1. We were promised 2.2 that next month. That month went by, no 2.2, rinse and repeat for several more months. It wasn't until the beginning of this year, I believe, that we got 2.2, and it wasn't even an over-the-air update, we had to download and install a program to update it ourselves. Fault lies with both Samsung and the big carriers. Here it is a year and a half later and there's no hope for 2.3 coming down the chute, we're forever 2.2. Unless you root your phone, that is.

That reason right there is the only reason I'd be nervous adopting another Samsung Galaxy S phone. But, the Galaxy S II phone is a beast and if I were up for contract renewal, or spending several hundred bucks on the phone outright, I'd probably pick it up.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I have AT&T now and although not great, I don't consider them the suck. Why would I have to get a new phone if they do merge? Wouldn't the contract just grandfather into AT&T's? Isn't that what happened when Cingular and AT&T merged?
I checked into Verizon and they are blazing fast but just as high $$ wise as AT&T.
Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'll stop in the T-Mobile store tomorrow.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have AT&T now and although not great, I don't consider them the suck. Why would I have to get a new phone if they do merge? Wouldn't the contract just grandfather into AT&T's? Isn't that what happened when Cingular and AT&T merged?
I checked into Verizon and they are blazing fast but just as high $$ wise as AT&T.
Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'll stop in the T-Mobile store tomorrow.

Cingular and ATT didnt really merge, it was more of a name change. There are a lot of Bell companies owned by ATT, and it was confusing for customers. There was ATT, SBC, Atlantic Bell, Ameritech, etc, depending on region. They just brought them all under the name Cingular (singular, get it?) to ease confusion over branding. For some reason or other, they decided ATT was better, probably because of brand recognition.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been with Tmobile for yrs now and I have no complaints, great customer service. I also have the Vibrant Galaxy S.....love that phone!...I'm holding out on hopes that it will get the 2.3 update.

Latest posts

Top Bottom