Orange Bowl: OU - Clemson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is "Big Game Bob" a nickname given to Coach Stoops an honest name, or, is it a sarcastic moniker hung on him by the victors of his many "big games"???

It's the price he pays for playing in so many big games. It's an honest name when he beat Baylor, Tcu, and Osu this year in those big games but quickly becomes a moniker when he losses one like last night.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_16_01_01_454d6e91c4c4c236d81ed6b2e964e7ca.jpg

Wish it would have turned out different but we got beat and didn't help we couldn't tackle or put any offense together in the 2nd half. Hell of a season though and can't wait until September 3rd! BOOMER!!

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
guess I didn't give Clemson's defense enough credit....they completely shut down our 1st string offense....didn't see the Sooner running game completely stopped by anyone other than Bama...now the Cowboys need to come thru today....

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And here come the haters... Which one of your teams made it to the playoffs?

I expected the haters to show up quickly too; OU had a great season and has nothing to be ashamed of. They should be back even stronger next year too. Good game! It was exciting, fun to watch, and ya know what? It's just a game after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A blow out is a "good game"? Well it is if you're rooting for the team administering the beat down lol.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree druryj: Sooner fan rain or shine. As for Stoops, every major program in the US including many NFL teams would snap him up in a sec. How many teams made it this far? 4 is the answer.
As Switzer would always say when recruiting a player. "If you come to the OU I will guarantee you will be playing for a team that will be playing for a National Championship. If you don't, we will still be playing for a National Championship"
National champions come and go but perennial power house's like OU are more than rare.
For those that ***** and moan about the Stoops era, grab a degree and credentials and go coach your way up to a Div. 1 school. With all the answers you have, you would be a shoe in.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's just a game after all.

Sometimes, it's really hard to remember this simple fact. I know that later tonight, if the odds-makers know what they're doing, I'm not gonna be in a very good mood. And, I tell myself all the time "it's just a game and tomorrow my life will have changed not one iota because of it (I don't bet money)". But, I'll get over it quickly.

What really bothers me is the way some people let it affect relationships. This forum is a good example. The OU/OSU chasm routinely has people talking to each other in ways they would never dream of doing on most other topics. And, of course, they wouldn't do it face to face, either. But, that's a topic for another day.

Well, nothing I can say will change anything, so I'll quit harping on it.

I was very pleased to see OU drive the first time they got the ball, although I was concerned that the run game was in serious trouble. I breathed a sigh of relief when Clemson put up that wounded duck to close out the first half, but the handwriting was getting clearer. Sure enough, it was over right after the second half started. I still don't know if they were outplayed or outcoached.

I think the real answer is that no matter how good you are, parity these days means you got to bring your "A" game every day, or somebody will hand you your butt.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been watching OU football long enough to remember when Jim Bertelsen, James Street, Steve Worster and the rest of the Texas Longhorns were having their way with the Sooners. It was true then; it is true now--it is just a game. I've seen good games, bad games, and great games. The great games--like the Tennessee game earlier in the season--are the reason I keep watching.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been watching OU football long enough to remember when Jim Bertelsen, James Street, Steve Worster and the rest of the Texas Longhorns were having their way with the Sooners. It was true then; it is true now--it is just a game. I've seen good games, bad games, and great games. The great games--like the Tennessee game earlier in the season--are the reason I keep watching.

Yep. And a bad day watching football beats a good day at work any way you look at it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom