Ordered a Kahr PM9 today. Now the wait....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the last 3 years I've had 2 PM9's. The first had the silver slide and was baught new. Had put about 400 rds through it before I sold it. Very shootable, very accurate and not one malfunction. Sold it only because I got a good deal on a used black slide PM9 which I still own. It had a reported 1200 to 1500 rds through it. I've put another 200 to 300 rds through it and it's still bank vault tight. I love that little gun. Easy to shoot, functions flawlessly and can keep a group smaller that a playing card at 10 yds. I could never achieve that with 2 different J-frames. I just couldn't shoot them for beans.

The ONLY thing I'd like to change is the sights. I'd prefer a 3 dot configuration. I haven't found a local gunsmith (okc area) that will do it and I don't want to ship it back to the factory. So, I just live with it.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My luck hasn't been good with the PM-9. I didn't find either one (I've had two) to be reliable enough for a carry gun, nor did they shoot particularly well for me. I don't have either gun anymore.

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My luck hasn't been good with the PM-9. I didn't find either one (I've had two) to be reliable enough for a carry gun, nor did they shoot particularly well for me. I don't have either gun anymore.

Sorry to hear that. I can only hope mine is better. I've researched this pistol and other candidates exhaustively and based upon overwhelming positive reports I chose the Kahr. Not to say I didn't read anything negative...I did, but you get that with every major gun manufacturer I believe.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Best little 9 mm available. Great trigger and very easy to conceal. Ive got crimson trace laser on mine.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Superb little 9mm. I've had two and never had any problems with them. I currently have a K9 Elite as I prefer the slightly larger version.They are very tight and need to be lubed properly. There is excellent info in a sticky over on Kahrtalk about prepping a new gun and proper lubrication. Also, be sure and read the manual that comes with it. Pay particular attention to how they say to feed a round. I like SIGs but my K9 fits my hand better and is more accurate than any of mine.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Congrats Jeff Scott! The PM9 is my absolute favorite without question carry pistol. It pocket carries in a DeSantis Nemesis like a dream, better than the 442 I used to carry. I added a bike tire to the grip of mine and it made it extremely comfortable to shoot.

I only had one small issue with mine and fat 147gr bullets. They would push up on the slide lock lever from the inside and lock the slide back before the magazine was empty. I fixed it by grinding down the slide lock lever slightly and it has been 100% ever since. If you have this issue, PM me and I'll dig up the kahrtalk thread I had going on it and the picture of how I fixed it.

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom