GM spare tire winch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, we keep an air compressor in the vehicle. It's 12V but has to be clamped to the battery. Its powerful. The first thing we did when getting either of our RV's was to change the tires from the china bombs that blow up and are rated 60mph to Goodyear Endurance that are rated 88mph.
Never had a tire issue in over 100K miles on the rv's. A little extra money on good tires saves a blowout that can cause thousands in damage.
Good to hear what tires seem to work on them, seems like every RV I trailer see has some sort of damage on it from blowouts

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to hear what tires seem to work on them, seems like every RV I trailer see has some sort of damage on it from blowouts
Everyone of our RV friends have ignored that advice and had china bomb tire failures because they didn't want to spend the money to get good tires. It's a very common issue.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How in the name of all that's holy do you jokers manage to drive on Oklahoma roads and never have to get the spare out? I swear, the tire shops must be in league with the roofers and deck builders for all the nails and screws I've picked up in my tires...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you want to hit a deer?

Them things are vermin like raccoons and I try my darnedest to runem over every chance I get.
(joke)
Ya best have a good bumper and deflector (spare tire) or the front of your vehicle will look like this one. Or worse!

1704836720895.png

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Them things are vermin like raccoons and I try my darnedest to runem over every chance I get.
(joke)
Ya best have a good bumper and deflector (spare tire) or the front of your vehicle will look like this one. Or worse!

View attachment 443838

You‘re right, they will **** up a vehicle!
This why this is on my Truck, protection and front winch receiver. It helps on deer and such.

IMG_8946.jpeg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, we keep an air compressor in the vehicle. It's 12V but has to be clamped to the battery. Its powerful. The first thing we did when getting either of our RV's was to change the tires from the china bombs that blow up and are rated 60mph to Goodyear Endurance that are rated 88mph.
Never had a tire issue in over 100K miles on the rv's. A little extra money on good tires saves a blowout that can cause thousands in damage.

Goodyear stepped up their game on RV Tires. They had to, 25 years ago they had a bad run for a year and so many months on RV Tires. Goodyear Marathons. They bought us a set of 5 for a 5th wheel and repaired the body damage on the Trailer as well. Replaced the tires in Branson on the spot, dealt with the damage a couple weeks later when we got home. I need to see what new tires the guy had put on this recent 5th wheel we just bought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom