Ordered a Kahr PM9 today. Now the wait....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the last 3 years I've had 2 PM9's. The first had the silver slide and was baught new. Had put about 400 rds through it before I sold it. Very shootable, very accurate and not one malfunction. Sold it only because I got a good deal on a used black slide PM9 which I still own. It had a reported 1200 to 1500 rds through it. I've put another 200 to 300 rds through it and it's still bank vault tight. I love that little gun. Easy to shoot, functions flawlessly and can keep a group smaller that a playing card at 10 yds. I could never achieve that with 2 different J-frames. I just couldn't shoot them for beans.

The ONLY thing I'd like to change is the sights. I'd prefer a 3 dot configuration. I haven't found a local gunsmith (okc area) that will do it and I don't want to ship it back to the factory. So, I just live with it.

Call Olyeller, Accurate Iron, he put sights on my P9. I ordered the novak night sights and they are awesome. Mike got them good and centered for me. He also stippled the grip and rounded off the slide lock, since factory is real sharp if you shoot it much.

The trigger takes some getting used too, but its like a smooth double action revolver or DAO pistol. Dry fire the crap out of it and you will learn to love it. Its not something you are going to shoot real fast but its a good trigger. My P9 is a tack driver if I do my part.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about starting to save for the new budget version of the PM9, the CM9, but my CW9 is small enough for me. I will, however, buy a budget version of the P380 is they make one.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a PM9, and my wife's CCW is a K9. Great little guns! Accurate Iron did the work on my K9, and it is one of the last guns I will sell, smooth, accurate, reliable.

Kahr's need some break in due to tight tolerances, but are great guns. I have also had a P9 Covert, and CW9, would love to still have them, just couldn't justify keeping them around and not shooting them. Bought them on the search for my wife's CCW. Found the K9, and the search was over.

PM9's simply disappear in your pocket, and make it where you can have a larger caliber with more capacity than a J frame. Love my J frame, but usually the Kahr gets the nod.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

And I think they will sell a ton of the CM9's. Might be hard to get for a while much like the LCP's were.

I agree; I think the CM9 is going to be a very strong seller for them and at least for awhile it is going to be hard to get. Luckily there are PM9's until the CM9 gets on the market.

Don't forget my bike tire grip - it makes a HUGE difference in comfort and is so easy to do. I found the sharp stipling on the front grip and bit too sharp for my comfort.

Good luck,

Alan

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked it up today from Sports World. Ain't it handsome?

Attachments

• IMG00083-20110226-1654.jpg
    IMG00083-20110226-1654.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 122

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the 200 rd break in today and had no malfunctions. It shoots like a dream. I think it's a keeper. Ordered a holster yesterday for CCW. Can't wait to start carrying. Any suggestions on a good SD round?

Latest posts

Top Bottom