Ordered me a Roku yesturday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been using one for little over a year now solely for netflix, its great. make good use of the search function - LOTS of content not on the featured lists.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and love it. I use my old attic antenna for network TV, and I watch a lot of older series on Netflix. My wife watches the new run stuff on Hulu. For 16 bucks a month it's much cheaper than the HD cable set up or satellite, and i have never been happier. My tv/internet/phone bill has gone from 190 a month down to around $66 ($47 for internet, $16 for the streaming services, $3 for taxes on my Ooma phone).

It's so east my three year old son can navigate around and find the shows he wants. The device is very stable and only rarely has issues (then an unplug-replug reboots it). Also the thing uses a ton less electricity than a set top box and DVR, I mean like 75% less ( http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2011-06/least-electric-bill-murdering-dvrs-every-provider ). I think the math is somewhere in the area of 5-6 bucks a less for most people.

I don't think I will ever go back unless cable starts offering channels a la carte at an affordable rate. Even then, I'd be hard pressed. I'm a huge fan.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have one and love it. I use my old attic antenna for network TV, and I watch a lot of older series on Netflix. My wife watches the new run stuff on Hulu. For 16 bucks a month it's much cheaper than the HD cable set up or satellite, and i have never been happier. My tv/internet/phone bill has gone from 190 a month down to around $66 ($47 for internet, $16 for the streaming services, $3 for taxes on my Ooma phone).

It's so east my three year old son can navigate around and find the shows he wants. The device is very stable and only rarely has issues (then an unplug-replug reboots it). Also the thing uses a ton less electricity than a set top box and DVR, I mean like 75% less ( http://www.popsci.com/gadgets/article/2011-06/least-electric-bill-murdering-dvrs-every-provider ). I think the math is somewhere in the area of 5-6 bucks a less for most people.

I don't think I will ever go back unless cable starts offering channels a la carte at an affordable rate. Even then, I'd be hard pressed. I'm a huge fan.
16 bucks a month you say? Is that for Hula? Good writeup here, thanks. I found a nice digital antenna to put in my attic. Amazon has it for $40 and its rated to be the best and will reach out like 60 miles to grab channels.
I currently have Direct TV and pay $90 a month for that so looking to trim that cost I hope.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love mine! Roku is great and it is expandable through interfaces with other services like Play On, etc. I ditched pay TV in May and don't miss it whatsoever. I use my Roku mainly for Netflix and Amazon Prime movies but also for internet radio.

I have an Apple TV box as well but prefer Roku.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
have one its awesome, we bought the deluxe version that comes with free angry birds, don't knock it the damn game is addictive. LOL
Roku, Netflix & amazon prime I have tv scheduled out for like the next five years mainly because I only watch about an hour or two per day, I love it I can go back and watch all my old faves and with internet streaming I can keep up with most of my new ones as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom