OSU vs Savannah State - who scheduled this fiasco?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very doubtful that you will find a single OSU fan who thinks that way. If you do, please cite it here so we can ridicule them.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU has been doing this for years. Ranked teams don't want to start the season with a loss, so most of them start off lite. The NFL has pre-season games for just this reason. Some of the OSU roster just got all the on-field time they will all year.

It helps Savannah State and it helps OSU. This wasn't a real game and both teams knew it. Hopefully the OSU fans know this as well.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU has done this many times, but ol stoopsie keeps his starters in the whole game.

The ONLY reason this game was scheduled was because of the addition of 2 teams to the conference. It forced some last minute schedule changes. The problem is that teams don't want to play O-state or they want too much money. We can't afford to pay 800K for a team to come here. Sav State got 386k to come and play. NO ONE at OSU wanted this game, but you have to play enough games to qualify for the post season. Last year Alabam played an FCS school too, I believe they had trouble beating them as well. I bet nobody will cry foul when FSU plays them next month and hands them another beatdown. I don't like it, but we pulled every starter 10 minutes into the 1st quarter. There was no running up the score, we did everything shy of just handing them the ball at the 1 yardline and saying go score. OSU played 95 players. 95. No other school in the country would do that. Some people just want to find anything to ***** about OSU over when big game bob keeps the startes in for the whole game and still can't score 84.

Latest posts

Top Bottom