OSU vs Savannah State - who scheduled this fiasco?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU has done this many times, but ol stoopsie keeps his starters in the whole game.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say you're speaking from the other end or just basically don't watch OU games. I can remember a number of times when White, Bradford, etc got pulled before or at halftime vs non-cons or even conference game. In fact I remember years ago when we beat A&M by 70 points and people talked about running up the score..... those that were there saw that we literally ran it up the middle the entire second half and they STILL didn't stop it. Kind of the same BS you see here.

I don't think anyone is really judging them playing such a bad team, it's the beating of the chest as relayed by the story I posted after the fact that cracks me up.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know a single OSU fan that has done such a thing. Hell, the OSU boards are talking about everything BUT this game.

As for OU, yeah, I remember quite a few games where the starters were in at the end of a game that was well in hand. Style points are stoopsies best friend.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sportscenter said that OSU spent the third highest amount on this win, this week... a mere $325k. I guess they got their money's worth.

If they would have paid what the other schools wanted to play them, then OSU would have paid the highest amount.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say you're speaking from the other end or just basically don't watch OU games. I can remember a number of times when White, Bradford, etc got pulled before or at halftime vs non-cons or even conference game. In fact I remember years ago when we beat A&M by 70 points and people talked about running up the score..... those that were there saw that we literally ran it up the middle the entire second half and they STILL didn't stop it. Kind of the same BS you see here.

I don't think anyone is really judging them playing such a bad team, it's the beating of the chest as relayed by the story I posted after the fact that cracks me up.

I was at that game. It was my first collegiate game ever. Freshman year of college. I can attest to the running up the middle. I remember the aftermath of that game everyone complaining of Bob running up the score too and thinking it was ludicrous for people to criticize him when the only thing he could have done differently was tell his guys to stop playing and don't try. It was just as ludicrous as it is for people to criticize OSU now. Anybody who has looked into the situation at all knows nobody was happy that this is who we had to play. It was a cupcake game of the century, but there was nothing we could do about it. As for the beating your chests in the story, I understand them doing that too. Granted they were playing a high school team, but the 4th string guys playing and still stopping them was a happy moment for those kids I'm sure. They don't ever get to see the grass during actual games so getting to not only play, but still keep the opponents scoreless, regardless of the caliber of team, is probably a pretty cool feeling they may never have again. If it were all 1st and 2nd stringers in there and they were whooping and hollering about being the best ever I may be more inclined to chastise them, but when you're the 94th guy on the team and you get a chance to feel successful in a game.... stop critiquing them and let them have their moment.

I'm shootermcgavin, and that's my 2 cents.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
OU fans are just jealous they had to struggle their first game. I can only imagine the tears when OSU beats them again this year. Heck, by that time they'll have 3 or 4 losses and be used to losing....again.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know a single OSU fan that has done such a thing. Hell, the OSU boards are talking about everything BUT this game.

As for OU, yeah, I remember quite a few games where the starters were in at the end of a game that was well in hand. Style points are stoopsies best friend.

Like I said....try reading the link I posted. OSU is patting itself on the back for the shutout. You really don't see major programs do this but hey if they need it.......

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One OSU fan is not OSU patting themselves on the back. No one actually associated with the school has done that. Typical gooner mentality: you bought the OU shirt at Walmart, so that means you are actually part of the team....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One OSU fan is not OSU patting themselves on the back. No one actually associated with the school has done that. Typical gooner mentality: you bought the OU shirt at Walmart, so that means you are actually part of the team....

Ah yes knuckledragging cliche insults always fly eh? Try reading the article.......and see who was quoted. Hint: It wasn't a fan.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Butt hurt? You seem so angry ;)

82-17-7 bedlam record.

Run your mouth some more please.

We can talk about championships next if you want?

Just be proud of the team you support. Don't worry about us dumb OU fans.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also don't see any "chest thumping" in that story. They were just talking about what the game plan was. Those were 4th and 5th teamers out there, guys that barely played in high school, getting a chance to play in a real college game. Those guys don't get that kind of opportunity very often.

Latest posts

Top Bottom