OSU vs Savannah State - who scheduled this fiasco?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goons always have to be goons. keep bringing up that bedlam record. The FACT that OU built their program on cheating when the Oklahoma legislature geve them state money to pay players to come to OU, which is a verified fact by the way, degrades everything about OU. They cheated then, they cheat now.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also don't see any "chest thumping" in that story. They were just talking about what the game plan was. Those were 4th and 5th teamers out there, guys that barely played in high school, getting a chance to play in a real college game. Those guys don't get that kind of opportunity very often.

A special moment for sure.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goons always have to be goons. keep bringing up that bedlam record. The FACT that OU built their program on cheating when the Oklahoma legislature geve them state money to pay players to come to OU, which is a verified fact by the way, degrades everything about OU. They cheated then, they cheat now.

You are cute when your mad ;)

I picture you stomping your feet when you typed this.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah... OSU never cheated. Dexter Manley was probably an isolated case. :D

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree, just can't stand people that just can't support the team they like and be happy. I am a Sooner fan, but I enjoy the fact OSU has become a better team. Its cool to have more than one good program in the state.

I am a Cowboy fan, and I enjoy the fact OSU has become a better team. Its cool to have more than one good program in the state.

Also, I'm going to set some traps to try and catch a few coyotes tomorrow. He's been having trouble with them eating all his chickens. (that's my attempt at deflating the puffed up chests happening right now).

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As to the O/P (yes I'm specifically avoiding the pissing contest) it really makes one wonder just why they schedule these "no contest" games. Is it really worth the injury risk to your starting and even their reserve players? Because it can happen anytime they are on the field. Dunno, it just seems pretty nonsensical to me. This game was a test of nobody's skills on the OSU side of the ball. :twocents:

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also don't see any "chest thumping" in that story. They were just talking about what the game plan was. Those were 4th and 5th teamers out there, guys that barely played in high school, getting a chance to play in a real college game. Those guys don't get that kind of opportunity very often.

You must not understand NCAA football programs if you think anyone who gets to dress for OSU was someone who barely played in highschool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom