Our new restaurant in Ponca City

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think I might have to eat there in support!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404782590.055409.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will make it a point to eat there sometime in the next couple of weeks. Where is it and what kind of food, dennis?
They have everything from Ribeyes to ribs, chicken fry, etc.

Is that by the Dixie Dog?

Yes, right next door to the east.

Just FYI, the original owners ran the business for over 30 years. It took an hour or longer to get in on weekends with folks coming all the way from Kansas and other community's. Sadly the owners died, and another group bought the business. The crowd died off quickly, and they closed. There are a lot of bad reviews on the internet about the last owners, and the restaurant.

The new owners went to the original owners family and bought the recipe's. I don't do facebook, but my son does. He said the new owners have very positive reviews about the food.

So, what I'm saying, don't go to trip advisor or something like that and look at old reviews to make an opinion about eating there or not.

They have been open for a couple of weeks now. I'll try their lunch this week sometime, and give a report.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the former Chick and Millie's has come back to life? Might need to check it out some time - it's been awhile since my last time in there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, Chick died many years before Millie, and she ran a tight ship in the kitchen and with the staff. The chef had been with them for most of their 30 years.

Lol, I remember when a kid, they had a BBQ and beer bar on South Second street. Evolved from that to the place they had in the current location.

The bar is still there, but no longer has BBQ. Owned by many people since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom