Our "Wonderful" President Threatened to Shoot Down Israeli Jets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only relevant citation you've provided said that he testified as a private citizen, not that he testified as a US citizen. Take in context, it seems clear to me that the phrase is there to distinguish between him testifying as an individual as opposed to testifying in his official capacity as a head of state.

Do you have any evidence to support the contention that Netanyahu has claimed to be a citizen of the US?

Well, dueling has been illegal in the US for better than two centuries, so that shouldn't be surprising. ;) If you mean "dual citizenship," I'd bet there are a bunch of American Indians who will be surprised to find out that you've been granted the authority to revoke their dual citizenship status.

Also see http://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ip-and-dual-nationality/dual-nationality.html

Lol...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is your opinion based on verifiable facts? I think a lot of Dennis's frustration (I'm not presuming to put words in his mouth) is that you won't post links to the articles. I did a little googling myself and couldn't find an article that had any proof of U.S. Citizenship. Granted, it wasn't thorough research. I'd kind of like to see some of these articles myself.

I will not post links and I will not produce a reading list. I am not a teacher and this is not a classroom. If Dennis or anyone else wants facts and proof then I suggest learning to read and how to find readily found information on the internet.

Again I will not tell you or anyone else how to search the internet for information......i will make it easy though.

Find your search bar and type in what you want to find and read.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only relevant citation you've provided said that he testified as a private citizen, not that he testified as a US citizen. Take in context, it seems clear to me that the phrase is there to distinguish between him testifying as an individual as opposed to testifying in his official capacity as a head of state.

Do you have any evidence to support the contention that Netanyahu has claimed to be a citizen of the US?

Well, dueling has been illegal in the US for better than two centuries, so that shouldn't be surprising. ;) If you mean "dual citizenship," I'd bet there are a bunch of American Indians who will be surprised to find out that you've been granted the authority to revoke their dual citizenship status.

Also see http://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ip-and-dual-nationality/dual-nationality.html

Do you doubt he is a citizen of the US?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

The link you provided does not apply to Israel neither does it apply to Native Americans.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.knesset.gov.il/elections17/eng/law/BasicLawKnesset_eng.htm

Non-declaration16.
If the speaker of the Knesset has called upon its members to make their declarations of allegiance and a member has not done so, that member shall not enjoy the rights of membership as long as he has not made the declaration.

Non-declaration due to dual-citizenship (Amendment 22)16A.

If a Knesset member holds an additional, non-Israeli citizenship, and the laws of the country whose citizenship he holds permit him to be released from such citizenship, he shall not declare allegiance until after he has done everything required on his part to be released from such citizenship, and he shall not enjoy the rights of a Knesset member until he makes his declaration.

Amendment 22 was passed on 29 February 1996 so unless he was grandfathered in he should have submitted a request to revoke dual-citizenship, if he ever had it to begin with. Since the law only requires him to do his part whether the U.S. Government ever processed that request is an entirely different question.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isreal is the only country that we allow duel citizens to vote in our country and theirs.
No other duel citizens are allowed to do this.

It really is a shame that Bohner invited Netanyahoo to speak (not testify) to Congress. But this is why Congress is in the shape that it's in. Poor leadership.

Next time it'll be $5 for the class on how n why I form my opinion.

It really is a shame that Zero has brought the relations with this alleged ally to such a low point, that Boehner would even think of bringing him directly to Congress! :(

Seriously, why will you not examine how badly Obama has screwed this up? Why do you focus on the GOP so intensely on this debacle? So far, the only information we have on the Obama administration's back door dealings with Iran on nukes is that they're doing it and excluding the one party who truly needs the information, Israel. Everything else is opaque, just like everything else Obama has done. The credibility issue is one of their own making. If Obama didn't want Bibi addressing Congress, it was a dead simple thing for him to prevent it. As he didn’t, you have to assume that on some level, he either didn’t care or didn’t understand the unintended consequences of his actions. Either one of those explanations is a tacit admission that he doesn’t know what he’s setting in motion, so why should we trust him on it any more than Reagan on Iran-Contra?

Simple, we shouldn’t, but all you can do is focus on the effect (Boehner), rather than the cause (Obama). You can do better than that.

FWIW, Boehner is an embarrassment, we should stop propping up Israel AND stop tying their hands, and I think the time is ripe to repair relations with Iran. However, Obama is too arrogant and narcissistic to be the person doing it. He’s more of an embarrassment than Boehner, McConnell, the GOP Tea Party, Bibi and all the rest rolled into one. Unless and until Obama comes clean, this will continue to get out of hand and we’ll all be lucky to live through it! :(

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you doubt he is a citizen of the US?
I have seen no evidence that he has ever asserted it, so I don't see how it is important.
The link you provided does not apply to Israel neither does it apply to Native Americans.
It applies to dual citizenship, period. American Indians have dual citizenship by statute, but, following in your tradition, I'll leave it to you to find the relevant section of the US Code. ;)

DrivesGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama, Valery Jarret, Susan Rice, and John Kerry are all anti-Semites. More and More Obama, Kerry, Rice and Jarret side with our enemies. Barrak Husein Obama is the son of a Muslim Man. By Muslim Law, Obama is a Muslim. He will side with Muslims over America and her only real friend in the Middle East, Israel.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will not post links and I will not produce a reading list. I am not a teacher and this is not a classroom. If Dennis or anyone else wants facts and proof then I suggest learning to read and how to find readily found information on the internet.

Again I will not tell you or anyone else how to search the internet for information......i will make it easy though.

Find your search bar and type in what you want to find and read.

Thing is, I used that method and didn't find any articles based on verifiable fact. This being the case I'm gonna say that in my opinion you're full of crap.

Of course, I can't post the links to any verifiable facts to back that up. It's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom