Outback Steakhouse: No Rights, Just Rules(gun free zone rules for LEs)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The highlighted companies are not owned by Bloomin' Brands. They are competitors, actually. I've been in charge of project management on a few of their most recent restaurants over the last couple of years.

Brinker International only owns Chili's and Maggiano's restaurants. They used to own a few more (Macaroni Grill and On The Border to name a couple), but they sold off brands back when the economy tanked around 2008-2009. (My wife worked for Brinker in their accounting department at the time and Brinker was the largest client that the architectural firm that I worked for had at the time). Not sure about their gun policies, but I rarely if ever visit them anyway (unless I'm in Dallas, then I'm quite likely to go to Maggiano's. I freaking LOVE their cheesecake).

Darden owns Olive Garden, Red Lobster and Long Horn Steakhouse, to name a few. I know this because I still work with that firm previously mentioned and I do a good bit of work on their current projects. Again, I don't know about their policies because I don't visit them.

That all being said, I think their (Bloomin' Brands) stance on guns is wrong. Although, I kind of side with gerhard1 when it comes to them (or any other business) ejecting civilians for legally carrying firearms.

Thanks for clarifying that, I didn't think Bloomin' owned Brinker. I had a friend who worked for them pretty high up in corporate until a few years ago, right about when they sold Macaroni Grill. She moved out of the country and now does something completely different, so I wasn't sure if maybe Brinker had been acquired or something, but I knew they weren't owned by Bloomin' at that time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The highlighted companies are not owned by Bloomin' Brands. They are competitors, actually. I've been in charge of project management on a few of their most recent restaurants over the last couple of years.

Brinker International only owns Chili's and Maggiano's restaurants. They used to own a few more (Macaroni Grill and On The Border to name a couple), but they sold off brands back when the economy tanked around 2008-2009. (My wife worked for Brinker in their accounting department at the time and Brinker was the largest client that the architectural firm that I worked for had at the time). Not sure about their gun policies, but I rarely if ever visit them anyway (unless I'm in Dallas, then I'm quite likely to go to Maggiano's. I freaking LOVE their cheesecake).

Darden owns Olive Garden, Red Lobster and Long Horn Steakhouse, to name a few. I know this because I still work with that firm previously mentioned and I do a good bit of work on their current projects. Again, I don't know about their policies because I don't visit them.

That all being said, I think their (Bloomin' Brands) stance on guns is wrong. Although, I kind of side with gerhard1 when it comes to them (or any other business) ejecting civilians for legally carrying firearms.
I got my info from wiki, and it may have been outdated?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this shared on FB last week.

If you go to the person's Facebook page that this happened to, they posted that they are very pleased with the response they got from BB. And BB clarified that it was not their policy, but a Manager that was acting on their own because a patron had indicated they were scared(BS IMO).

I'm not defending BB, but illustrating that these things tend to change as the story gets passed around. According to the person this happened to, it's not an issue, yet the media is still trying to stir up emotions against Outback and BB.

Another example of guilty until proven innocent in the media.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this shared on FB last week.

If you go to the person's Facebook page that this happened to, they posted that they are very pleased with the response they got from BB. And BB clarified that it was not their policy, but a Manager that was acting on their own because a patron had indicated they were scared(BS IMO).

I'm not defending BB, but illustrating that these things tend to change as the story gets passed around. According to the person this happened to, it's not an issue, yet the media is still trying to stir up emotions against Outback and BB.

Another example of guilty until proven innocent in the media.

Was going to post something similar but this covers it quite nicely. That being said..... y'all shouldn't be going there anyways because their food sucks. They made MAJOR changes in ~2008 that totally reversed what they were known for. Eat local.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was going to post something similar but this covers it quite nicely. That being said..... y'all shouldn't be going there anyways because their food sucks. They made MAJOR changes in ~2008 that totally reversed what they were known for. Eat local.
We ate at the Tulsa Outback recently as we had a $50 gift card that was given to us. Those blooming onions always look so good, but in reality, you get a months worth of grease with every bite it seems.
We gave it a 7 out of a possible 10 for the overall meal.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

Darden sold off Red Lobster in 2014 or 2015, can't recall exactly. Don't recall seeing gun buster signs on Red Lobster doors.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder if I could go to outback, carrying concealed, eat about 3/4 of my meal then remove my jacket. If they ask me to leave, I wouldn't have to pay, right?

What fabulous idea! Maybe the next eat n shoot should involve lunch at Outback for a free steak...

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've eaten at the Outback on south Riverside in Tulsa 3 times in the past 6 months. Saw no gunbuster signs and was carrying each time. Food was so so. I won't be back because service was poor all 3 times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom