outdoor range to take my son

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brnm8brn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so this saturday is my son's birthday and i bought him an old glenfield/marlin 60 with the squirrel stock, but i need to find somewhere to take him on his first outing. any recommendations would be appreciated.

voodoobass

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like there used to be a range on Lexington game reserve, south of Norman. It's been years since I've been down there though, so I'd suggest doing a check to make sure it's still there.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thunderbird, but you should call first, I think the operator works days. We were there for the first time a couple weeks ago. Nothing spectacular, but outside and nice folks.

grphx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Thunderbird would be a more enjoyable experience, but definitely call before you haul that day. Sometimes he has classes that require the range to shut down for.

brnm8brn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Thunderbird would be a more enjoyable experience, but definitely call before you haul that day. Sometimes he has classes that require the range to shut down for.

Thank you I found someone I knew that had some land to shoot on that I didn't know he had, so I guess we lucked out

oden_sparks

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
T Just my opinion but I wouldn't take my kid to Lexington. At least not if anyone else was shooting on the same side as me. I've shot there a lot and it is a crazy place at times. Have seen some wild stuff there. I worked a range when I was in the marines so I definitely have strong opinions on gun safety.

Latest posts

Top Bottom